The Aramac Shire is a ‘growing outback community’, defying statisticians and the trends of population decline being experienced throughout much of rural and remote Australia. Becoming known as ‘the home of Harry Redford, the heart of Queensland and more recently proclaimed as the “Can – Do – Shire”, this small outback community hosted the premier Queensland Event for the 2002 – Year of the Outback celebrations. Most recently recognised as the Shire that linked eight Outback Queensland Shires together under the one project, The Harry Redford Cattle Drive, the Aramac Shire continues to offer a true outback experience. Lakes, museums, ancient rock art and keep an eye out for the development of the “Redford Interpretive Centre”, local arts and crafts – take home an original!
Activites and Experiences at Aramac Area
- Birdwatching At Lake Dunn.
- Camping At Lake Dunn.
- Sailing At Lake Dunn.
- Skiing – Water At Lake Dunn.
- Wind Surfing At Lake Dunn.
- Swimming At Lake Dunn or the Aramac Swimming Pool.
- Tennis At the Aramac Tennis Courts and Lake Dunn.
- Boat Ramp At Lake Dunn.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale Aramac Hotel and Post Office.
- Fishing At Lake Dunn and the Thomson River.
- Flora and Fauna At Lake Dunn.
- Historic/Heritage Aramac Museum and Muttaburra.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Aramac Aerodrome