Many visitors comment when they arrive in Bingara – ‘Wow! A place full of surprises. I was amazed when I discovered it’.
Bingara is nestled in the centre of the Fossickers Way, which offers the traveller a delightful alternative route and changing scenery between the mountains and the plains. There is so much to do, including:
– Fish in the Gwydir River, said to be the best Murray cod fishing in the State, also catfish, Golden perch or visit Copeton Dam.
– Trail Ride on horseback to take in the beautiful river scenery or high into the ranges for scenic beauty, wildlife and birdlife.
– Bushwalk explore the beautiful geographical wonders of the Rocky Creek Glacial Area and Sawn Rocks.
– Fossick for gold, and semi precious stones, along whichever road you take from town.
– Canoeing down the River as it meanders between mountains, through rural properties onto the township.
– Drive Tours and Walks – There are a number of self-guided walks/drive tours available.
– Sporting enthusiasts are welcome you can play a round of golf on the picturesque nine-hole course, the tennis courts, and bowling greens entice players all year round.
– The Myall Creek Memorial monument erected on June 10, 2000 in memory of the Aboriginal people who died in the massacre on June 10, 1838.
We might be small but you will find plenty of interesting places to shop from fashion, antiques and collectables, locally made wool bedding and hand painted quilt covers to arts and crafts plus a full range of retail services.
Bingara is located 150 kilometres north from Tamworth, with Coffs Harbour 34O kilometres east, Port Macquarie 40O kilometres south east, Brisbane 485 kilometres north, Sydney 605 kilometres south, Moree 118 kilometres north west, Narrabri 105 kilometres west, Inverell 70 kilometres east.
Activites and Experiences at Bingara Area
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Bottled Gas
- Licensed Club
- Service Club
- Coach Stop
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Mechanical Services
- Medical Facilities
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Sporting Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Takeaway Food
- Tennis Court
- Visitor Centres
- Places of Worship