On the banks of Wallam Creek Bollon is the habitat of a large koala population which thrives on the abundant Red River Gums in the area. More than 110 species of birds have been recorded in the area. You can set up camp on Wallam Creek and enjoy the wildlife.
Bollon was first recognised as a town in 1879. Bollon now stands as a small community in the Balonne Shire, characterised by friendly and helpful country people.
While in Bollon, visit the Rosehill Aviary – the most complete collection of parrots in Australia!
Bollon is situated near Thrushton National Park.
Activites and Experiences at Bollon
- Off Road Driving
- Art and Craft making The Heritage and Craft Centre sells local art and crafts.
- Birdwatching Rosehill Aviaries has 110 species of birds. They are located along the Wallum Creek.
- Camping Camping is permitted along Wallum Creek and at Thrushton National Park.
- Farm/Station activity
- Fishing – Estuary
- Animal Viewing Bollon has many habitats ideal for koalas, especially along the creek. The town and surrounding areas boast a very large population of koalas.
- Walking Wallam Creek is a great place to take a leisurely walk.
- Accommodation Stop and stay the night at the Hotel in Bollon.
- Banking Facilities You will find a Commonwealth Bank branch inside the Bollon Post Office.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale EFTPOS is available at the Bollon store and pub.
- Fuel When filling up the fuel tank you’ll find a choice of two service stations in Bollon.
- Medical Facilities A Bush Nurse operates in Bollon.
- Post Office The Post Office in Bollon also has a Commonwealth Bank Branch inside it.
- Public Telephone
- Tennis Court
- Places of Worship
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Caravan and Camping
- Flora and Fauna
- Historic/Heritage The Heritage and Craft Centre is filled with articles telling the history of Bollon. On display is the first Bollon Telephone Exchange that operated from the 1920’s through to the 1980’s.
- National Park Thrushton National Park is situated on the northern boundary of the Balonne Shire. Visitors to the park should note that access is via dirt roads. Visitors are expected to be totally self sufficient, with water in particular. Camping is permitted.
- Nature based
- Off road
- Pub Stay
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Bollon Airstrip