Borden is a small town an hour and a half’s drive north of Albany, within the Gnowangerup Shire, which services the needs of visitors to the Stirling Range as well as the local community.
The town’s main feature is the large grain storage facility which has a total capacity of 107,100 tonnes. Grain is deposited during harvest and transported throughout the year by road-train to Albany, where it is shipped all over the world.
Borden is situated only half an hour’s drive north of the world-renowned Stirling Range National Park. Mountain walks, wildflowers, wildlife and spectacular natural beauty await those who visit this area.
The tavern restaurant is available for meals and a range of accommodation can be found in the nearby areas of Stirling Range, Gnowangerup and Ongerup.
Activites and Experiences at Borden
- Farm/Station activity
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Animal Viewing
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Takeaway Food
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Farm/Station On a farm or station with the option to participate in the activities of the property.
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture Relating to Industry, mining or agriculture
- National Park
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
Nearest Airport: Albany
Tours In Borden
Discover some of the tours options around Borden