Cabarlah, a mountain hamlet is situated between Toowoomba and Crows Nest. In the 1800’s it was the centre of a thriving dairying and saw milling community. It boasted three pubs. The one remaining, The Farmers Arms, claims to be the longest holder of a continuous liquor licence in Queensland – it was licensed in 1863.
Cabarlah is home of Black Forest Hill Cuckoo Clock Centre, famous for its clocks. Nearby you’ll find objects d’art and elegant French furniture and authentic local craft pottery.
The Cabarlah Country Markets are well worth a visit and attract many visitors on the last Sunday of each month.
The 7th Signal Regiment [Electronic Warfare] is based at Borneo Barracks. One of its functions is to listen in to radio signals for intelligence purposes. It has a golf course which is open to the public.
Activites and Experiences at Cabarlah
- Art and Craft making Earth Craft Pottery holds pottery making classes for children during the school holidays.
- Birdwatching Cooby Dam.
- Bushwalking Cooby Dam.
- Golfing Borneo Barracks Golf Club.
- Automatic Teller Machine Farmers Arm’s Hotel.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale Farmer Arms.
- Fuel Cabarlah General Store.
- Public Bar Farmer’s Arms hotel.
- Public Telephone
- Takeaway Food
- The Arts
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Toowoomba
Accommodation In Cabarlah
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Cabarlah