Cooyar is a small town in the Rosalie Shire, located north of Toowoomba on the New England Highway.
The suspension bridge is a real talking point in this town. It was rebuilt in 1988 after a devastating flood swept away the previous bridge, a local hall, three houses and several cars. The bridge is located in Swinging Bridge Park in Cooyar, a short distance from the Cooyar Hotel. A general store and toilet facilities are available nearby.
Cooyar’s yearly show features great country show competitions, including the night rodeo. Cooyar also boasts the tiny Palms national Park, which preserves remnant rainforest and a stand of piccabeen palms in a spring-fed gully.
Activites and Experiences at Cooyar
- Off Road Driving Forestry areas.
- Bridge Climbing The Cooyar Suspension bridge was rebuilt in 1988 after a devastating flood swept away the previous bridge, a local hall, three houses and several cars. It’s located in Swinging Bridge Park in Cooyar, a short distance from the Cooyar Hotel.
- Camping Camp at the Swinging Bridge Park.
- Farm/Station activity
- Fishing – Estuary Cooyar Creek.
- Accommodation Stay the night at the Cooyar Hotel or camp out at the Swinging Bridge Park.
- Banking Facilities Banking facilities are available at the Cooyar Post Office.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale EFTPOS is available at the Cooyar Store.
- Fuel Fill up your fuel tank at the Cooyar Store.
- Public Bar Cooyar Hotel.
- Dog Kennels/Catteries Cattery.
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Restaurant Cooyar Hotel.
- Supermarket General Store.
- Takeaway Food Cooyar Store.
- Places of Worship
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Caravan and Camping
- Flora and Fauna Discover the platypus colony in Cooyar Creek at the park.
- Historic/Heritage Visit the Mintapa Rail Tunnel.
- National Park Cooyar is only a short drive from the beautiful Bunya Mountains National Park.
- Nature based Discover the platypus colony in Cooyar Creek at the park.
- Off road
- Pub Stay
- Rainforest Palms National Park.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Toowoomba