Dongara and Port Denison are located on the coast 4 hours’ drive north of Perth. With their friendly, relaxed atmosphere, tree-lined main street, historic buildings and excellent beaches, the twin towns make a perfect all year round holiday destination.
The beautiful beaches and warm weather provide perfect conditions for all sorts of water sports, from swimming and relaxing on the beach to sailing and windsurfing.
The Fisherman’s Lookout at Port Denison has a panoramic view of Port Denison and one of the largest fishing boat harbours in the state. The area offers the fishermen plenty of sport with an abundance of fish including tailor, snapper, whiting and dhufish. Dongara and Port Denison are also often referred to as the “Rock Lobster Capital”, for the many magnificent crustaceans caught in season.
During spring Dongara and Port Denison are ideal as a base from which to tour the magnificent wildflower country in the surrounding area.
A variety of accommodation is available, ranging from full service motels, holiday flats, caravan parks, campers’ parks and nearby farm stays.
Activites and Experiences at Dongara
- Farm/Station activity
- Fishing – Beach
- Fishing – Estuary
- Fishing – Trout/Fly
- Fishing – Game
- Fishing – Deep Sea
- Wind Surfing
- Marine Animal watching
- Banking Facilities
- Coach Stop
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Public Telephone
- Takeaway Food
- Visitor Centres
- Beach A beach attraction is a beach area that is recognised for its scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, environmental state, and/or fauna population. Recreational vehicles can be driven on a number of beaches around Australia
- Caravan and Camping Accommodation in own/hired caravan or camping
- Farm/Station On a farm or station with the option to participate in the activities of the property.
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Relaxation Unwind and take it easy
- Sport Suitable location for windsurfing
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Meetings Incentive Conventions
Nearest Airport: Geraldton