Double Bay precinct
The upmarket place to shop and be seen
This harbourside precinct with its cosmopolitan cafe society is home to a number of designer boutiques, making it perfect for those with a penchant for upmarket fashions. Be sure to wander past the grand residential homes of the coiffed and manicured locals and you’ll notice how Double Bay exudes European assurance. It has the benefit of a down to earth side too – the Wheatsheaf pub hosts live bands and attract young crowds to its courtyard.
To the east is Rose Bay, where you can fly via seaplane over Sydney Harbour to the Northern Beaches. Or simply watch the seaplanes taking off and landing from Rose Bay’s Steyne Park next to the ferry wharf, a great spot for a picnic. In between Double Bay and Rose Bay is Redleaf Pool where you can join locals for a dip in the harbour. Double Bay is easy to get to by bus and train or car, as straightforward access parking is available. Or go via ferry from Circular Quay and sail past some of Sydney Harbour’s most exclusive suburbs on your way.
Double Bay Highlights….
- Explore the European-style lanes and arcades for silverware, fine jewellery, antiques, art and gifts.
- Take up residence at one of Double Bay’s 5 Star hotels.
- Pamper yourself in sumptuous surrounds at the myriad of hairdressers and beauticians or enjoy a luxury massage at the heavenly Angsana day spa.
- Relax al fresco in Double Bay’s famous cafes and restaurants and watch celebrities and business personalities go past.
- Charter a yacht from nearby Rushcutters Bay.
Activites and Experiences at Double Bay precinct
- Scenic Flight
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Currency Exchange
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Medical Facilities
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Takeaway Food
- Places of Worship
- Food and Wine
- Water based