Greenmount is a country township surrounded by dairy farms, horse studs and various crops
Take a break for a barbecue in Greenmount’s Bicentennial Park next to the Memorial Hall. The Memorial Hall features a rare pressed metal ceiling and stage.
The Greenmount Cemetery is the final resting place of Jack Slattery. He was the character ‘Cranky Jack’ in the novel On Our Selection by Arthur Hoey Davis, one of Australia’s most famous writers. Take the time to explore the Shire’s other Steele Rudd attractions including his hut and Rudd’s Pub in Nobby.
Activites and Experiences at Greenmount
- Art Painting Nicholson Bros. Duck Graphics at 314 Hirstvale Road, Ginoutt.
- Sports Participate Basketball rings at the Park and a tennis court at the school.
- Tennis Greenmount school has a tennis court.
- Accommodation The Wheatsheaf Hotel offers accommodation.
- Public Bar Wheatsheaf Hotel.
- Mechanical Services Pilton Street.
- Post Office Pilton Street.
- Public Telephone A public telephone is located outside the Post Office.
- Takeaway Food Wheatsheaf Hotel.
- Places of Worship St Josephs.
- Pub Stay
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Toowoomba