Situated at the top of the escarpment, Hampton is one of the delightful small hamlets located along the New England Highway between Toowoomba and Crows Nest.
Take a break, a coffee and a lungful of fresh mountain air before exploring the antique shop and gift stores. Fresh local produce, from the many farms located around the district, is available for sale at the General Store.
Visit the Hampton Infomation Centre, which is located at the intersection where visitors can choose to venture along the scenic drive to Ravensbourne National Park and possibly also on towards Esk.
Ravensbourne National Park features short bushwalking tracks, a scenic lookout and picnic facilities. Ravensbourne National Park is for day-use visitors only.
Activites and Experiences at Hampton
- Mountain Biking
- Birdwatching More than 80 species of birds have been sighted in Ravensbourne National Park.
- Bushwalking Ravensbourne National Park has short walks, with only one being longer than one kilometre.
- Camping Cressbrook Dam.
- Canoeing Cressbrook Dam.
- Farm/Station activity Fruit farms and hobby farms. Avocado’s and berries.
- Fishing – Estuary Cressbrook Dam.
- Fruit Picking Avocado’s and berries.
- Animal Riding Horse riding.
- Tennis Private court for hire.
- Automatic Teller Machine Hampton General Store.
- Boat Ramp Cressbrook Dam.
- Bottled Gas Hampton General Store.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale Hampton General Store.
- Fuel Hampton General Store.
- Dog Kennels/Catteries Dog kennel.
- National Park Ravensbourne National Park east of Hampton on the Hampton-Esk Road.
- Newsagent The Hampton General Store has a good selection of newspapers and magazines.
- Post Office General Store
- Public Telephone Located outside the Hampton General Store.
- Supermarket The Hampton General Store stocks general supplies.
- Takeaway Food Hampton General Store.
- Tennis Court Private court for hire.
- Visitor Centres Hampton Visitor Information Centre.
- Caravan and Camping
- National Park
- Nature based
- Rainforest Ravensbourne National Park is a sub-tropical Rainforest.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Toowoomba