A taste of the country along the Hawkesbury River.
The Hawkesbury Gateway boasts the natural beauty of the Hills and the Hawkesbury River. Just a moderate drive away from the city it’s the ideal location for a serene getaway. Antique and craft shops nestle amongst boutique galleries where you can chat with the artist at work in the historically rich hamlets of Galston and Dural.
The hamlets form the centre of the Hawkesbury’s very own market garden with abundant fruit orchards and nurseries. Roadside stalls offering luscious fruit, vegetables and flowers operate in the warmer months.
Please your greenthumbs further in The Hills district, which is considered to be the Bonsai capital of Australia. And while its the site of the country’s first rebellion in 1804, nowadays it is a cosmopolitan centre with a smorgasbord of quality restaurants and cafes to be enjoyed.
The Hawkesbury River meanders through Brooklyn where you can tour an oyster farm, to picturesque Wiseman’s Ferry where you can try water-skiing. Spend days exploring the Hawkesbury Gateway from your own luxury houseboat or hide-away in a B&B and you’re sure to return home with your energies replenished.
Hawkesbury Gateway Highlights….
* Experience convict heritage on the Great North Road
* Join the Riverboat Postman from Brooklyn to deliver the mail to nearby islands.
* Drift down the river via kayak or canoe.
* Relax in the Cumberland State Forest or in one of the surrounding National Parks
* Hike through Berowra Valley Regional Park and Galston Gorge.
* View the koalas and other native Australian animals at the Koala Park Sanctuary.
* Enjoy the views and sound of nature whilst lunching at Cottage Point or at tranquil Berowra Waters.
Activites and Experiences at Hawkesbury Gateway
- Skiing – Water
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Boat Ramp
- Post Office
- Takeaway Food
- Flora and Fauna
- Food and Wine
- National Park