Jurien Bay is a coastal town located approximately 275 kilometres north of Perth.
Jurien Bay is the largest town in the Dandaragan Shire and it has developed as a result of the growth of the rock lobster industry. In more recent times the town has become a popular holiday and recreation area because of its attractive coastline and seclusion.
Visitors to Jurien can see the incredible variety of marine life found in the waters off the town’s coast as well as having the opportunity to interact with seals, sea lions and dolphins – go swimming, snorkelling or fishing. Exploring the offshore reefs and islands in the area is another exciting option. Jurien Bay provides the holiday maker the chance to to view marine life in a diverse number of ways.
Jurien Bay Marine Park extends south from Green Head to the Southern boundary of Nambung National Park. A small section of this marine park has been allocated for sanctuary zones, however a full range of marine activities such as fishing, swimming and scuba diving are allowed in the majority of the marine park area. The marine park is in the path of whales as they migrate each year along the Western coast of Australia.
The town of Jurien Bay boasts a modern boat harbour, which has become the focus for the expanding aquaculture industry.
A full range of dining experiences are available in Jurien Bay from a la carte dining and cafe style meals to fast foods, takeaway and counter meals.
A full range of accommodation is available including motels, hotels, caravan parks, selfcontained cottages and chalets.
Activites and Experiences at Jurien Bay
- Fishing – Beach
- Fishing – Game
- Fishing – Deep Sea
- Jet Boating
- Kite Flying
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Skiing – Water
- Marine Animal swimming
- Marine Animal watching
- Banking Facilities
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Public Telephone
- Sporting Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Active Requiring energetic action by participant
- Adventure Unusual and exciting experience or an endurance race consisting of a variety of adventure activities
- Aussie Lifestyle Typical Australian way of living
- Beach A beach attraction is a beach area that is recognised for its scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, environmental state, and/or fauna population. Recreational vehicles can be driven on a number of beaches around Australia
- Caravan and Camping Accommodation in own/hired caravan or camping
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Cruise To sail from place to place for pleasure
- Diving To go below the surface of the water or a diving competition in a swimming or diving pool
- Eco Tourism Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation. Product fitting this experiencee have been awarded an Eco Tourism Accreditation
- Environmental Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation
- Farm/Station On a farm or station with the option to participate in the activities of the property.
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Golf Playing or watching Golf
- Island A piece of land completely surrounded by water
- Marine A location where visitors can observe dolphins in their natural habitat
- National Park A national park is an area that is recognised for its natural features that are protected by controlled access and usage
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Reef A reef is a ridge of rock or coral near the surface of the sea
- Soft Adventure Experiencing some adventure but in comfort and style
- Sport Suitable location for windsurfing
- Water based A sailing experience / event
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
Nearest Airport: Perth (light plane airstrip available at Jurien)
Accommodation In Jurien Bay
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Jurien Bay
Tours In Jurien Bay
Discover some of the tours options around Jurien Bay