Nestled where the Murchison River flows into the Indian Ocean, two hours’ drive north from Geraldton, is the ideally situated town of Kalbarri. This is one of Western Australia’s most popular holiday resorts and is the premium place in the mid west for a total holiday experience.
Nature provides visitors to Kalbarri with once in a lifetime experiences. The climate is warm and sunny for most of the year. Marvel at the 186,000 acres of some of the State’s richest wildflower bushland. With Kalbarri National Park boasting 800 species of wildflowers it is no wonder that on any day of the year you will find a bloom of some description. From July to October, the flowers’ riotous colours fight for your attention, with new species of blooms appearing each week.
Take advantage of the calm waters of the estuary for swimming and water skiing. Stand awestruck at the edge of a towering cliff, take a deep breath and abseil down. Catch a fish from the beach, go surfing or hiking, play tennis, golf, or experience the unique wonders of nature as you canoe round a river-bend or charter a boat for a fishing trip.
Spot dolphins or whales so close up that your friends back home won’t believe you. Ride a pushbike along miles of spectacular coastal scenery, stopping at secluded bays for a swim. For the true nature lover, a visit to the parrot breeding centre is a must. Here you can view an active breeding program for endangered species of parrots. Also not to be missed is the daily feeding of the pelicans on the foreshore.
The town has good shopping, efficient touring services and sophisticated accommodation of all kinds. There are many touring services available both offshore and on. Canoe treks, whale watching, fishing charters, boat cruises and sightseeing flights over the National Park, coastline and offshore Abrolhos Islands offer fun for the whole family.
Coach tours of the river gorges, coastal gorges and wildflowers, stargazing, Harley motorcycle tours, abseiling, horse riding and camel treks are just a few things to keep you busy on land.
Paddleboats, dinghies, and windsurfers can be hired on the river foreshore. Stay in touch with friends via the town’s internet cafe.
From nautical ambience, to a traditional Aussie barbecue, Kalbarri offers a range of restaurants and cafes, each with their own cuisine and charm.
Accommodation in Kalbarri is plentiful and includes resort style hotel accommodation, motel style, serviced apartments, farm stay, self contained holiday homes, backpackers and caravan and camping facilities.
Activites and Experiences at Kalbarri
- Rock Climbing
- Farm/Station activity
- Fishing – Beach
- Fishing – Deep Sea
- Scenic Flight
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Animal Viewing
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Telephone
- Swimming Pool
- Visitor Centres
- Active Requiring energetic action by participant
- Adventure Unusual and exciting experience or an endurance race consisting of a variety of adventure activities
- Aussie Lifestyle Typical Australian way of living
- Beach A beach attraction is a beach area that is recognised for its scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, environmental state, and/or fauna population. Recreational vehicles can be driven on a number of beaches around Australia
- Caravan and Camping Accommodation in own/hired caravan or camping
- Cruise To sail from place to place for pleasure
- Diving To go below the surface of the water or a diving competition in a swimming or diving pool
- Eco Tourism Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation. Product fitting this experiencee have been awarded an Eco Tourism Accreditation
- Environmental Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Golf Playing or watching Golf
- Marine A location where visitors can observe dolphins in their natural habitat
- National Park A national park is an area that is recognised for its natural features that are protected by controlled access and usage
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Soft Adventure Experiencing some adventure but in comfort and style
- Sport Descending a vertical cliff or wall by means of a rope attached to a harness
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
Nearest Airport: Kalbarri
Accommodation In Kalbarri
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Kalbarri