Just an hour’s drive south of Perth, Mandurah is a vibrant and versatile city noted for its magnificent waterways and holiday atmosphere.
The city’s restaurants, craft and souvenir shops, art galleries and cultural buildings are set around the blue green waters of Mandjar Bay. At night the bay lights up and people migrate to the waterfront to enjoy a barbeque or dine at the many cafes.
In the day, foreshore lawns and parklands come alive with walkers, picnickers, paddlers, people fishing and crabbing and children at play.
Pleasure craft and charter cruises head out from town to seek friendly dolphin schools, pelican and other bird breeding sanctuaries, the best crabbing spots, or simply the wide calm expanses of Peel Inlet and Harvey Estuary and beyond, to the Indian Ocean.
Houseboats are hired for idyllic days and nights on the estuary or meandering up the Murray River. The town bridge and jetties see a passing parade of people fishing by day or dropnetting the tide for prawns by night. But the aquatic activity for which Mandurah is perhaps best known is crabbing, which brings thousands during summer weekends, wading the shallows with scoop nets and stout shoes. The Mandurah Crab Festival in autumn is the city’s major festival event of the year.
Boat ramps are located at Mandurah Marina, Mary Street, Estuary Road and Dawesville Channel and other locations.
Mandurah’s southern boundary is Yalgorup National Park where Lake Clifton contains a colony of living wonder fossils known as thrombolites. A walkway across the lakes’ shallows allows close-up viewing.
A wide variety of quality accommodation is available including hotels, holiday resorts, self contained cottages, bed and breakfast, caravan parks and camping.
Activites and Experiences at Mandurah
- Fishing – Beach
- Fishing – Estuary
- Jet Boating
- Lunch Cruise
- On-Board Dining
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Sports Viewing
- Animal Viewing
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Boat Ramp
- Bottled Gas
- Coach Stop
- Convention Centre
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Mechanical Services
- Medical Facilities
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Sporting Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Takeaway Food
- Tennis Court
- Visitor Centres
- Beach A beach attraction is a beach area that is recognised for its scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, environmental state, and/or fauna population. Recreational vehicles can be driven on a number of beaches around Australia
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Golf Playing or watching Golf
- Marine A location where visitors can observe dolphins in their natural habitat
- Shopping Organised shopping or shopping at well know retail outlets
- Water based
Nearest Airport: Perth
Accommodation In Mandurah
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Mandurah
- Apollo Quay Luxury Townhouse on the Canals
- Atrium Resort Hotel
- Dawesville Caravan Park Holiday Village
- Madora Holiday Home
- Mandurah Caravan and Tourist Park
- Mandurah Gates Resort
- Mandurah Holiday Village
- Mandurah Ocean Marina Chalets
- Peelview Court Holiday Accommodation
- Quest Mandurah
- Seashells Resort Mandurah
- Silver Sands Resort
- Singleton Beach Bed & Breakfast
- Wedge, The
- Yalgorup Eco Park on the Beach