Marian is the gateway to the Pioneer Valley and is situated approximately 30 kilometres west of Mackay. This riverside town is home to the region’s largest sugar mill; all sugar cane grown in the Valley is now crushed at this mill. The crushing season extends from mid June to November each year.
Melba House is the Pioneer Valley’s Visitor Information Centre and also the house in which famous Australian Opera Singer, Dame Nellie Melba, lived during her time in the area. It is an excellent spot to stop off for local & tourist information, learn more about Melba and her time there, check out craft by very talented locals and buy local produce like Langdon Coffee, Honey and Dried Mango. Marian is also serviced by Orange Grove Caravan Park, a hotel, Convenience and Takeaway stores, bowls club and a service station.
Activites and Experiences at Marian
- Fishing – Estuary Pioneer River.
- Accommodation Caravan Park and Pub Rooms.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Takeaway Food
- Visitor Centres Pioneer Valley Tourism and Development Association.
- Places of Worship
- Caravan and Camping Orange Grove Caravan Park.
- Cultural Dame Nellie Melba House.
- Fishing Pioneer River.
- Historic/Heritage Dame Nellie Melba House.
- Pub Stay
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- Mackay Tourism Orange Grove Caravan Park and Pioneer Valley Tourism and Development Association.