Meringandan sits amongst the valleys just off the New England Highway, between Toowoomba and Crows Nest, nestled at the gateway to Cooby Dam.
Meringandan and its neighbouring community, Meringandan West, are a quiet detour from the busy highway. The community has general supplies at the Meringandan News and General Store and its only a short drive to Highfields for most other needs.
Water-based activities, picnic grounds and bush walking tracks make for a great day of family fun at Cooby Dam. Those who are adventurous will enjoy sailing, canoeing and windsurfing. Find a spot on the banks or launch a boat (electric motors only) for some great fishing. Barbecue facilities, bush walking and the children’s playground will certainly keep the rest of the family busy.
Activites and Experiences at Meringandan
- Off Road Driving Meringandan West.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Old Aboriginal grounds are located in Meringandan West.
- Bushwalking Cooby Dam.
- Canoeing Cooby Dam, permit required.
- Fishing – Estuary Cooby Dam, permit required.
- Animal Riding
- Sailing Cooby Dam, permit required.
- Wind Surfing Cooby Dam, permit required.
- Banking Facilities Commonwealth Bank Agency at the Meringandan News and General Store.
- Boat Ramp Cooby Dam (for electric motors only).
- Bottled Gas Produce Store in Meringandan West.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Fuel Produce Store in Meringandan West.
- Public Bar Meringandan Hotel.
- Dog Kennels/Catteries
- Newsagent Meringandan News and General Store.
- Post Office Postal Agency located in Meringandan News and General Store.
- Public Telephone Located at Meringandan News and General Store.
- Supermarket Meringandan News and General Store.
- Takeaway Food Produce Store in Meringandan West.
- Tennis Court
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Active Cooby Dam water-based activities.
- Fishing Cooby Dam.
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture Meringandan has a poultry farm and is surrounded by farming land.
- Nature based
- Off road
- Water based
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Toowoomba