The picturesque little mill town of Nannup is set alongside the Blackwood River amongst stunning countryside and surrounding farmlands. Nannup is located on the Vasse Highway about halfway between Busselton and Pemberton.
The main street is dotted with historic buildings, antique stores, colourful craft shops and cosy tearooms.
Nannup is now known as the Garden Village because of its beautiful private and public gardens, tulip farms and bush wildflowers. In August the town is ablaze with colour from blooming tulips and daffodils. Walk trails are also on offer and are a great way to experience the springtime wildflowers and pristine local environment.
Excellent trout fishing, swimming and canoeing in the Blackwood River and other local waterways is available all year round and is a wonderful way to enjoy the tranquillity of the area.
From Nannup, visitors can enjoy scenic motoring along the Nannup/Balingup Tourist Drive which winds its way through picturesque rolling hills, farmland and forest.
The Nannup Music Festival is held every year over the Western Australian Labour Day long weekend in early March. For more information regarding events contact the Nannup Tourist Bureau
A range of dining establishments exists in Nannup, ranging from a la carte to cafe style and takeaway. Wonderful accommodation is also available, including bed and breakfasts, chalets, cottages, farm stays, guest houses, bush cabins and nature stays. Campers and caravaners are also well catered for.
Activites and Experiences at Nannup
- Art and Craft making
- Farm/Station activity
- Fishing – Estuary
- Fishing – Trout/Fly
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Bush Tucker
- Wine Tasting
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Caravan and Camping Accommodation in own/hired caravan or camping
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Eco Tourism Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation. Product fitting this experiencee have been awarded an Eco Tourism Accreditation
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Food and Wine A vineyard is a man-made facility for the distribution of wine. A winery attraction offers wine tasting and the opportunity to purchase.
- Historic/Heritage Nation’s historic buildings, monuments, countryside etc, especially when regarded worthy of preservation
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Pub Stay No frills style hotel accommodation
- Relaxation Unwind and take it easy
- Sport Canoe racing or activity/location suitable for canoeing
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
Nearest Airport: Busselton