Alternative attitudes a-go-go!
Immerse yourself in Sydney‘s most eclectic suburb. Newtown’s pollinated by the cultures of the world, a place where you can rub shoulders with an astounding diversity of residents, from the scruffbag University of Sydney students to the glam of high fashion followers and everyone in between. New and recycled clothing shops, quirky antique showrooms and eccentric specialty stores line Newtown’s streets, welcoming customers round the clock.
Post indulging in Newtown’s inimitable brand of retail therapy, enjoy entertainment options galore in one of the suburb’s swathes of idiosyncratic pubs and theatres. Newtown’s unique microcosm is reflected in the suburb’s one hundred and twenty restaurants and cafes offering a choice of more than twenty affordable ethnic cuisines. So when hunger strikes you’re guaranteed to find somewhere to suit your taste.
- Sip coffee from a window seat and watch the endless display of diversity as Jimmy Choo and Dr Marten clad feet walk side by side down the street.
- Enmore Road and South King Street’s one-off shops with typically idiosyncratic themes as buttons, beads, retro, tiles, underground records, tribal gifts handbags, gothic garments or dinosaur dolls.
- Experience Newtown’s galleries showcasing cutting edge artwork or go to one of the 20th century antiques stores.
- Browse through many new and second hand book stores for everything from popular novels to rare first editions.
- Spend the evening listening to live music at any one of 23 hotels or go to an avant garde performance at one of Newtown’s theatres.
- Discover daring fashion from young up-and-coming designers.
Activites and Experiences at Newtown precinct
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Medical Facilities
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Sporting Facilities
- Takeaway Food
- The Arts
- Food and Wine