Peaceful Bay is a picturesque holiday spot on the southern coast of Western Australia, between the towns of Walpole and Denmark.
The bay is ideal for swimming, fishing, snorkelling, boating and diving. The long stretches of sandy beach are perfect for a walk and four wheel drive tracks provide access to wild and rugged coastline. Peaceful Bay also offers bushwalking areas, providing visitors with an abundance of wildflowers and birds. Fishing is also one of the most popular activities for visitors to the area with the many four wheel drive tracks heading out of Peaceful Bay, leading to great fishing spots.
The Peaceful Bay area is also renowned for its wildflowers including the world’s only endemic stand of red flowering gum (Corymbia Ficifolia) and over 40 species of native orchids. A short 20 minute drive from town will take you to the Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk and its incredible groves of ancient karri and tingle trees.
The world famous 1000 kilometre Bibbulmun Track walk trail, stretching from Perth to Albany, passes through Peaceful Bay, offering the bushwalker spectacular views of the coastline and secluded beaches.
The Peaceful Bay Progress Association conducts a craft market and art exhibition on an annual basis.
Peaceful Bay is part of what was once a large coastal grazing lease used by land owners for summer cattle grazing. In the early days settlers would travel by horse and cart to Peaceful Bay, a favourite picnic destination used for a break from farm chores. For many years a few fishermen shacks were the only sign of habitation. Now Peaceful Bay has over 250 holiday homes and a number of people are permanent residents.
Caravan parks, bed and breakfasts and chalets are available for accommodation.
Activites and Experiences at Peaceful Bay
- Off Road Driving
- Quad Bike Riding
- Fishing – Beach
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Animal Viewing
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Beach A beach attraction is a beach area that is recognised for its scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, environmental state, and/or fauna population. Recreational vehicles can be driven on a number of beaches around Australia
- Caravan and Camping Accommodation in own/hired caravan or camping
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Eco Tourism Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation. Product fitting this experiencee have been awarded an Eco Tourism Accreditation
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- National Park A national park is an area that is recognised for its natural features that are protected by controlled access and usage
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Off road Vehicle with some or all content taking place off a sealed road
- Relaxation Unwind and take it easy
- Sport Suitable location for windsurfing
- Water based Relating to any activity based on water
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
Nearest Airport: Albany Airport