Only a 65 kilometre drive south of Geraldton lie the towns of Port Denison and Dongara. With their friendly atmosphere, tree lined main street, historic buildings and excellent beaches, the twin towns are a perfect year round holiday destinations.
From the Fisherman’s Lookout there is a panoramic view of Port Denison and the fishing boat harbour, one of the largest in the state, which offers fishers plenty of sport with an abundance of tailor, snapper, whiting, dhufish and rock lobster in season. The beaches provide fantastic conditions for water sports like sailing and windsurfing, or just for swimming and relaxing.
During spring, Dongara and Port Denison are ideal bases for touring the magnificent wildflower country which surrounds the twin towns.
A variety of accommodation is available, including full service motels, holiday flats, caravan parks, campers’ parks and nearby farm stays.
Activites and Experiences at Port Denison
- Off Road Driving
- Fishing – Beach
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Banking Facilities
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Public Telephone
- Beach A beach attraction is a beach area that is recognised for its scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, environmental state, and/or fauna population. Recreational vehicles can be driven on a number of beaches around Australia
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Relaxation Unwind and take it easy
- Sport Suitable location for windsurfing
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
Nearest Airport: Geraldton