Ravensbourne features Ravensbourne National Park and two very appealing accommodation options.
The beautiful natural landscape and vistas from the eastern escarpment, the Piccabeen palm groves of Ravensbourne National Park, and the rugged scenery of Lake Cressbrook offer opportunities for bushwalking, boating, fishing, birdwatching and picnicking.
Ravensbourne National Park is a lush pocket of rainforest, with bushwalks vary from very short to longer hikes. The park preserves one of the few examples of rainforest that originally covered much of the local area. This day-use park has short walks through rainforest and open eucalypt forest, which support an amazing array of native birdlife.
Various walking tracks allow you to view features of the rainforest and open forest. While the walks are short – only one is longer than a kilometre – you can spend a full day exploring the park. You can discover some of the forest’s more interesting features on the Cedar-block self-guiding walk. This starts at the picnic area near Gus Beutels Lookout, which provides a panoramic view of the range towards Toowoomba and the Lockyer Valley.
Ravensbourne Park Country Cottages and Cloudlake Mountain Retreat both offer superior accommodation in self-contained houses.
Activites and Experiences at Ravensbourne
- Mountain Biking Great terrain for mountain biking.
- Birdwatching Ravensbourne National Park.
- Bushwalking Ravensbourne National Park.
- Golfing For guests of Ravensbourne Park Country Cottages.
- Tennis For guests of Ravensbourne Park Country Cottages.
- Accommodation Ravensbourne Park Country Cottages.
- Golf For guests of Ravensbourne Park Country Cottages.
- National Park Ravensbourne National Park.
- Tennis Court For guests of Ravensbourne Park Country Cottages.
- Eco Tourism
- Flora and Fauna
- National Park
- Nature based
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Meetings Incentive Conventions
- Toowoomba & Golden West
Nearest Airport: Toowoomba