This charming town thrives as the commercial centre of a fertile farming district.
Riverton has preserved many significant buildings and a heritage walk brochure is available from the Riverton History and Information Centre, listing 39 buildings of interest.
The Riverton railway station, built in the 1870s, was the first of the buildings along the railway line to be constructed of stone and is a magnificent example of early Australian architecture. Scholz Park, with its cottage, blacksmith and wheelwright’s shop is also historically significant. Holy Trinity Church, built in 1857, was the first church in the valley and today overlooks a nine-hole golf course.
Activites and Experiences at Riverton
- Sports Viewing
- Ambulance St Johns Ambulance
- Banking Facilities BankSA, ANZ
- Bottled Gas
- Licensed Club
- Service Club Masonic Lodge, Lions Club
- Fuel Mobil Roadhouse
- Hospital Riverton Hospital and Medical Centre
- Public Bar Riverton Hotel, Central Hotel
- Medical Facilities Riverton Medical Centre
- Police Riverton Police Station
- Post Office
- Takeaway Food
- Places of Worship Anglican, Catholic, Lutheran, Uniting