South Molle Island
Located in the heart of the Whitsundays, South Molle Island is the largest of the North, Mid and South Molle Island Group and the only one with a resort. Located eight kilometres north-east of Shute Harbour, South Molle is a very picturesque, hilly continental island with undulating grasslands, lush pockets of rainforest, secluded bays and fringing reefs.
One of the Island’s greatest assets is the white sandy beaches and pale blue waters. The Resort provides almost everything and there are optional island hopping and Barrier Reef tours available.
Like most resort islands there is a maximum number of visitors allowed on the Island, ensuring you have a good time.
The Molle Islands are virtually joined so you can walk across to Mid Molle almost anytime.
Superb scenery, climate, feasts, banquets and a-la-carte meals, and just about every conceivable activity are all in the one price. On land you can enjoy golf, day and night tennis, a workout in the gym or one of the many watersports.
Activites and Experiences at South Molle Island
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Experience the Polynesian Dance spectacular every Friday night
- Beach Beautiful, quiet beaches
- Diving Snorkelling and diving available from the island
- Environmental Walking trails criss-cross the Island
- Flora and Fauna Home to amazing tropical flora and fauna
- Golf South Molle has its own 9 hole golf course
- Island Surrounded by the brilliant blue waters of the Whitsundays
- Marine Snorkelling, diving and water sports available
- National Park The island is National Park surrounded by Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
- Nature based Home to amazing tropical flora and fauna
- Reef The fringing coral reef is magnificent and trips depart daily to the outer Great Barrier Reef
- Soft Adventure
- Water based
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Hamilton Island
Accommodation In South Molle Island
Discover some of the accommodation in and around South Molle Island