Sydney Olympic Park
The site of the 2000 Olympic Games
The home of the 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games, Sydney Olympic Park at Homebush Bay continues to offer a world-class destination in Sydney’s geographic heart. You can join one of the popular tours of venues including Telstra Stadium, an Olympics focus point and now host to premier sporting events. Or go swimming at Sydney Aquatic Centre where you can compete with family and friends in the same pool used by champion record breakers. The Sydney International Tennis Centre, too, is a world-class venue, used not only for state, national and international tournaments, but also for training and hire by the public.
As well as being Sydney’s major sporting venue there are an ever-increasing range of attractions, activities and entertainment options. For example with more than seventy retailers you can find bargains galore at the nearby Direct Factory Outlet. Or sample fresh produce and gourmet delights at Boulevard market, held under the fig trees lining Olympic Boulevard on the fourth Sunday of every month. A great way to get to Sydney Olympic Park is via RiverCat along the Parramatta River to Homebush Bay Wharf. When you arrive make the most of your visit by contacting Sydney Olympic Park Visitor Information Network Centre for information and assistance on attractions, tours, accommodation, transport and services for the area and its surrounds.
Sydney Olympic Park Highlights….
- For a bird’s eye view of the entire site, take the lift to the Observation Centre on the 17th level of the Novotel Hotel for breathtaking views of Sydney Olympic Park, Millennium Parklands and beyond.
- The Games Trail tour celebrates the stories, legacies and highlights of the Games. View the Olympic flame cauldron, wander amongst the forest of interactive poles at the GamesMemories and chase Cathy Freeman’s strides to Olympic gold!
- Take a tour of world class sporting venues such as Telstra Stadium or Sydney Aquatic Centre.
- Take aim at the venue where Australia won its first ever Olympics gold medal in archery.
- Beginner’s classes and training programs are available at Sydney International Archery Park.
- For an extended leisurely stroll, bike ride or picnic, visit Bicentennial Park and Millennium Parklands, a 430ha haven of parklands and conservation areas.
Activites and Experiences at Sydney Olympic Park precinct
- Sports Participate
- Sports Viewing
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Post Office
- Sporting Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Takeaway Food
- Tennis Court
- Visitor Centres
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Flora and Fauna
- Health and Fitness
- Nature based