Where the Leichhardt Highway and the Tara-Surat roads meet, The Gums is a tiny settlement worth more than a second look. The quaint historic church and tiny bush school date back to early 20th Century.
Wattle Downs Host Farm offers award winning accommodation. Guests are encouraged to join in on the fun and adventures of every day farm life on this beautiful working stud Merino sheep, grazing and grain property.
Wollambi Farm Tours are also worth a visit, with its interesting mix of militaria displays and farm life. The farm has adopted a native wildlife preservation programme, creating an excellent opportunity to observe native flora and fauna.
Also see native birds, flora and fauna at The Gums Nature Reserve.
Activites and Experiences at The Gums
- Birdwatching The Gums Nature Reserve.
- Bushwalking Wattle Downs Host Farm.
- Farm/Station activity Wattle Downs Host Farm.
- Flora The Gums Nature Reserve and Wollambi Farm Tours.
- Animal Riding
- Spotlighting Night spotting wildlife safaris for guests at Wattle Downs Host Farm.
- Accommodation Wattle Downs Host Farm.
- Airport Private airstrip at Wattle Downs Host Farm.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale BP Service Station.
- Fuel BP Service Station.
- Golf Bush golf course.
- Post Office Located at the BP Service Station.
- Public Telephone Located at the BP Service Station.
- Sporting Facilities Cricket pitch and general use sporting field.
- Supermarket General Store.
- Takeaway Food Available at the BP Service Station.
- Tennis Court
- Places of Worship
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Caravan and Camping Camping
- Educational Wollambi Farm Tours.
- Environmental Wollambi Farm Tours.
- Flora and Fauna Wollambi Farm Tours, Wattle Downs Host Farm and The Gums Nature Reserve.
- Golf The Gums bush golf course.
- Historic/Heritage Historic church 1914, The Gums School 1913 and Community Hall 1927.
- Homestay Wattle Downs Host Farm.
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture Local cattle and grain stations, including farm accommodation and tours.
- Nature based Wollambi Farm Tours, including a Nature Reserve.
- Romance Wattle Downs Host Farm and it’s graceful homestead offer a romantic getaway with a rural flavour.
- Soft Adventure Get into the action of every day farm life at Wattle Downs Host Farm.
- Wildlife Wollambi Farm Stay, Wattle Downs Host Farm and The Gums Nature Reserve all preserve areas of natural bushland, encouraging native wildlife to the region.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Wattle Downs Host Farm private strip