Less than an hour’s drive from Perth, Toodyay boasts some of the finest examples of nineteenth century history in Western Australia, with the architecture of the town still reflecting the early convict era.
The ever changing Avon River meanders through this beautiful town, making a day-trip or weekend getaway even more memorable.
Outdoor people can try archery, canoeing, and fishing, or see alpacas and emus. For romantics there are beautiful country gardens, lavender fields and olive groves to wander, historic wine cellars and colonial teashops to enjoy.
Those seeking that original art piece can visit the resident sculpture, pottery and art studios offering individually crafted works. Duidgee Park, situated on the banks of the Avon River, is the town’s most popular park and is ideal for picnics and barbecues.
A visit to the town’s many attractions will enlighten the visitor about the region’s colourful past, including the Old Newcastle Goal Museum. Adjacent to the new Visitor Centre is Connors Mill, Australia’s finest example of an 1870s steam driven flour mill.
Stay at one of the many charming bed and breakfasts or luxury accommodation houses that dot the town and countryside, or sleep under a canopy of stars at one of the caravan parks or camping grounds.
Take a leisurely stroll along Stirling Terrace and enjoy a quick snack or hearty meal in one of the historic hotels, tearooms or alfresco cafes.
We invite you to share in the peace and tranquility of Toodyay, truly ‘a valley for all seasons’.
Activites and Experiences at Toodyay
- Off Road Driving
- Farm/Station activity
- Fishing – Estuary
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Animal Viewing
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Coach Stop
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Active Requiring energetic action by participant
- Aussie Lifestyle Typical Australian way of living
- Caravan and Camping Accommodation in own/hired caravan or camping
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Farm/Station On a farm or station with the option to participate in the activities of the property.
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Historic/Heritage Nation’s historic buildings, monuments, countryside etc, especially when regarded worthy of preservation
- National Park A national park is an area that is recognised for its natural features that are protected by controlled access and usage
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Off road Vehicle with some or all content taking place off a sealed road
- Outback Remote and usually uninhibited or sparesely inhabited areas of Australia
- Relaxation Leisure
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
Nearest Airport: Perth
Accommodation In Toodyay
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Toodyay