Walkaway is a 25 minute drive inland from Geraldton and a five hour drive north of Perth.
Visit the Walkaway Station Museum, housed in the old railway station building in the small community of Walkaway. It is a must for rail buffs and those tracing the history of the area.
Ellendale Pool is 20 kilometres from Walkaway, this lovely natural pool laps at the foot of impressive river cliffs and is surrounded by tall shady trees. A lovely spot for a picnic, barbecue or bird watching.
High in the cliff face you may see nesting peregrine falcons that inhabit this area.
Gas barbecues, picnic tables, toilets and children’s play equipment are available to visitors.
Activites and Experiences at Walkaway
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Animal Viewing
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Telephone
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Historic/Heritage Nation’s historic buildings, monuments, countryside etc, especially when regarded worthy of preservation
Nearest Airport: Geraldton