Wallumbilla is situated five hours travel from Brisbane, just east of Roma and has a population of approximately 320 residents.
Wallumbilla’s Calico Cottage, open seven days a week, is the town’s Visitor Information Centre. As well as this, Calico Cottage sells local Arts and Crafts along with refreshments.
Traditionally Wallumbilla’s main industries were Dairy and Beef Cattle, now the main industries are Cropping and Beef Cattle.
Just eight kilometres west of Wallumbilla at Pickanjinnie you will find a monument to an aboriginal legend, you can’t miss it!
Activites and Experiences at Wallumbilla
- Swimming Wallumbilla swimming school is located on College Street.
- Tennis Located behind Apex Park.
- Accommodation Wallumbilla Hotel on May Street (over the railway line).
- Ambulance Yuleba First Responders (Dial 000).
- Banking Facilities Wallumbilla Post Office on Chadford Road has limited facilities.
- Bottled Gas Wallumbilla General Store on High Street.
- Coach Stop Wallumbillla News Agency on Flinders Street. McCafferty’s Coaches will stop when advance notice is given.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale EFTPOS is available at the Wallumbillla Newsagency, Hotel and General Store.
- Fuel Wallumbillla General Store.
- Hospital Located on Raslie Road.
- Public Bar Wallumbilla Hotel on May Street (over the railway line).
- Mechanical Services Robert Philp on May Street (over the railway line and up from the hotel).
- Newsagent Located on Flinders Street.
- Police Located on High Street.
- Post Office Located on Chadford Road.
- Public Telephone Located outside the Post Office and on the Warrego Highway.
- Restaurant Dinner is served Monday to Saturday 6.30pm to 8.30pm at the Wallumbilla Hotel on May Street.
- Supermarket Wallumbilla General Store on High Street.
- Swimming Pool Located on College Street.
- Takeaway Food Wallumbilla General Store on High Street and Wallumbilla Newsagency on Flinders Street.
- Tennis Court Behind the Apex Park on Chadford Road.
- Visitor Centres Calico Cottage Railway Siding on the Warrego Highway (not an accredited centre).
- Places of Worship Uniting Church on High Street, St Mary’s Catholic Church on Flinders Street and an Anglican Church on High Street.
- Sport Tennis court and swimming pool
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Roma