Widgiemooltha is located an hour and fifteen minutes south of Kalgoorlie and is home to the famous Golden Eagle Nugget; the largest gold nugget ever found in the Goldfields, tipping the scales at 1,136 ounces in 1931.
See the mineral rock display and other attractions like Aboriginal artefacts and a souvenir shop.
On the spectacular salt lake, Lake Lefroy, sailors strap themselves into land yachts which can travel up to speeds of 100 kilometres per hour.
Meals are available at the roadhouse.
Widgiemooltha offers good quality budget motel accommodation along with powered caravan and camping sites.
Activites and Experiences at Widgiemooltha
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Sports Viewing
- Public Telephone
- Adventure Unusual and exciting experience or an endurance race consisting of a variety of adventure activities
- Aussie Lifestyle Typical Australian way of living
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture Relating to Industry, mining or agriculture
- Outback Remote and usually uninhibited or sparesely inhabited areas of Australia
- Remote Remote and usually uninhabited or sparsely inhabitd areas of Australia