Wiluna is an outback town with friendly people and a real bush atmosphere. The town is the starting or finishing point for the Canning Stock Route (an 1,800 kilometre track from Wiluna to Halls Creek) and is located on the Goldfields Highway, joining Meekatharra, Leonora and Kalgoorlie.
The town prospered with the discovery of gold in 1891, however today it is chiefly an administrative centre. Citrus orchards and emu farms are some of the successful local industries.
Wiluna offers visitors counter meals and accommodation at the local hotel/motel, and accommodation is also available at the Wiluna caravan park.
Activites and Experiences at Wiluna
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Animal Riding
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Animal Viewing
- Public Bar
- Public Telephone
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Relating to Aboriginal and Torress Strait Islander tourism product
- Outback Remote and usually uninhibited or sparesely inhabited areas of Australia
- Remote Remote and usually uninhabited or sparsely inhabitd areas of Australia