The wheat belt town of Wubin is just 20 kilometres north of Dalwallinu and is the gateway to the pastoral country.
The Heritage Wheatbin Museum depicts Wubin’s grain growing history through pictorial photos, with the emphasis on bulk handling and displaying the machinery involved in this farming revolution. The old wheatbin sits side by side with today’s modern storage bins.
Drive into the pastoral country around Wubin during August and September to experience the seasonal wildflower display of everlastings that bloom following the winter rains. On the way look for the very unusual Leschenaultia Macrantha; a flower in the shape of a wreath, this can be viewed dependent on the season.
Six kilometres east of Wubin on the Great Northern Highway are Wubin Rocks which are well known as a local picnic area.
Activites and Experiences at Wubin
- Farm/Station activity
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Telephone
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Historic/Heritage Nation’s historic buildings, monuments, countryside etc, especially when regarded worthy of preservation
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
Nearest Airport: Perth Domestic and International Airports