So many towns of the Outback can claim their very existence directly to the laying of the great inland railway systems. Wyandra is such a town.
Being the halfway point between Charleville and Cunnamulla, a railway settlement was established. In 1898 a school was established with about 60 pupils, which is about the same number of today’s total population.
If you are interested in outback architecture, this town retains some great old buildings. A heritage trail, guiding visitors past old and unusual buildings, offers many photographic opportunities.
Activites and Experiences at Wyandra
- Walking Self-guided Heritage Trail through town.
- Airport Private air strip.
- Banking Facilities Commonwealth banking facilities at Post Office.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Fuel Petrol and diesel.
- Public Bar
- Post Office
- Rail Terminal Coach connection from Queensland Rail’s Westlander service to Charleville.
- Supermarket General store.
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Caravan and Camping
- Fishing Warrego River provides some good opportunities for a catch of yellowbelly or bream.
- Historic/Heritage Heritage Trail through town.
- Soft Adventure
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- Gay and Lesbian
- Outback Queensland Tourism
Nearest Airport: Charleville