Yallingup is a short 10 minute drive south west of Dunsborough, within the Margaret River Wine Region. It is a popular holiday destination for surfing, fishing and relaxing.
Yallingup is an aboriginal word meaning ‘Place of Love’. The township became a loved tourist destination because of its caves, first discovered by European settlers in 1899.
Yallingup has many attractions: wineries, breweries, restaurants, galleries, arts and crafts abound, plus the bountiful natural offerings of the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park. Canal Rocks are unique rock formations on Yallingup’s rugged coast where the Indian Ocean surges endlessly along a rock girt channel. The popular surf breaks of Three Bears, Yallingup, Smith’s Beach and Injidup are known all over the world, whilst there is also ample opportunity to pursue the less vigorous activities of swimming, fishing and beachcombing.
A wide variety of dining experiences wait to tempt your taste buds, from beachside cafes and fine dining restaurants to gourmet vineyard delights. The Margaret River Wine Region is responsible for one per cent of Australia’s wine production, but supplies more than 10 per cent of the premium market.
Visitors will find vineyards dotting the picturesque hillsides throughout the area. Each has its own style and ambience with many offering lunch and dinner. In all there are over 50 vineyards and 30 wineries, a remarkable number considering that wine was first produced in the region just 30 years ago. Character and quality can be found in fruit intense chardonnays, rich semillons, robust cabernets, soft merlots and other varieties of wines and blends.
Highly skilled chefs have, like the winemakers, been attracted to the region by the high quality produce. Invariably they produce dishes with flair and imagination.
Yallingup’s busy seaside community plays host to the Malibu Surf Classic (December) and legendary Sunday sessions at the nearby historic Caves House. Full details of events in the Capes Region can be obtained from the Busselton or Dunsborough Tourist Bureau or visiting the Bureau website at www.downsouth.com.au. They provide an excellent free accommodation and tour booking service.
A broad range of hotels and motels, bed and breakfasts, guest houses, self contained and caravan park style accommodation is available. A minimum of 3 nights is recommended to truly appreciate all that is on offer in the Capes region. Advance bookings are highly recommended, particularly for school holidays and long weekends.
Activites and Experiences at Yallingup
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Active Requiring energetic action by participant
- Aussie Lifestyle Typical Australian way of living
- Beach A beach attraction is a beach area that is recognised for its scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, environmental state, and/or fauna population. Recreational vehicles can be driven on a number of beaches around Australia
- Caravan and Camping Accommodation in own/hired caravan or camping
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Food and Wine A vineyard is a man-made facility for the distribution of wine. A winery attraction offers wine tasting and the opportunity to purchase.
- Marine Related to aquatic activities such as swimming, diving, snorkelling etc
- National Park A national park is an area that is recognised for its natural features that are protected by controlled access and usage
- Relaxation Unwind and take it easy
- Sport Suitable location for windsurfing
- Water based Relating to any activity based on water
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
Nearest Airport: Busselton Regional Airport
Accommodation In Yallingup
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Yallingup
Tours In Yallingup
Discover some of the tours options around Yallingup