This is the famous ‘Ginger Town’ just up the road from Nambour, in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, which boasts some of the most beautiful country in Queensland.
Yandina lies just to the north of Nambour, the centrally-located retail and service town for the central Sunshine Coast hinterland which is so rich in natural rainforest parks and reserves. Native animals such as kangaroos, koalas and wombats, which can often be elusive in the wild, are on constant show.
Distance from Brisbane (State Capital): 107 Kilometres.
Activites and Experiences at Yandina
- Abseiling Point Glorious.
- Astronomy Wappa Falls Observatory.
- Canoeing Maroochy River.
- Rock Climbing Point Glorious.
- Crabbing Fresh Water Crays.
- Fishing – Trout/Fly Maroochy River.
- Flora Fairhills Native Plant Nursery.
- Fruit Picking Templeton – Ginger.
- Motor racing Wappa Falls Speedway.
- Scenic Flight Sunshine Coast Airport.
- Shopping Markets on Saturday morning.
- Tennis Local Club.
- Theme Park Ginger Factory and Tourist Town.
- Walking Mt. Niderry.
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities Building Society.
- Bottled Gas
- Licensed Club Hotel.
- Coach Stop Intrastate.
- Public Bar
- Mechanical Services
- Medical Facilities
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Rail Terminal
- Restaurant Spirit House, Yandina Station Homestead, The Rocks, Picnics at Fairhill.
- Sporting Facilities Bowls Club, Soccer Grounds.
- Takeaway Food
- Tennis Court Local Club.
- Places of Worship
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Sunshine Coast Airport at Maroochydore
Accommodation In Yandina
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Yandina