Yarraman is a Hoop Pine timber town surrounded by rolling hills, rich farmlands and forests. Close to the Bunya Mountains and Palms National Park, Yarraman offers a quiet, leisurely country town atmosphere, with good facilities and easy access to the rest of the South Burnett
After morning tea at the café, why not get into the history of the area with a visit to the heritage centre. With displays relating to forestry, education, art, agriculture, technology, war history and rail there is something here to interest everyone! This Heritage Centre is continually adding to its modern facilities and historical attractions for the visitor.
As a base to explore the southern parts of the South Burnett, or for an overnight stay, the caravan park, cabins and other accommodation are available.
Yarraman offers the visitor the opportunity get out and about and close to nature. With ‘mud maps’ available at outlets throughout the town, take some time to try out some of the walks. If Four Wheel Driving, trail bike riding or horse riding is more your style, then there are a number of suitable roads and tracks around the area. The Old Coach Road, which is a section of the National Trail and the Seven Mile Gold Diggings area are quite popular for these pursuits.
Bird Watching is also a popular activity here with bird watchers from all over Australia congregating, hopeful of catching a glimpse of a rare Black-breasted Button Quail that is known to frequent only a small section of forest country between Yarraman and the Tarong Community Park. Plenty of other wildlife makes its home in Yarraman district. If you look carefully you may come across a Brush Turkey, Goanna, Wallaby, Bilby or even a shy Platypus.
Activites and Experiences at Yarraman
- Off Road Driving Googa.
- Bushwalking Yarraman Forest Walks.
- Farm/Station activity
- Fishing – Estuary Cooyar Creek.
- Exercising Forest Walks.
- Fruit Picking Avocados.
- Gambling Local Hotels.
- Game Playing
- Gold prospecting Nanango.
- Golfing Nanango.
- Industrial Tarong Power Station.
- Sports Participate
- Sports Viewing
- Wine Tasting
- Accommodation Hotel and Motel accommodation available.
- Automatic Teller Machine At the IGA Supermarket.
- Banking Facilities Bendigo Bank, GIRO Post.
- Bottled Gas Produce Store, Herberts Fuel and Food.
- Licensed Club Bowls Club.
- Coach Stop Brisbane Bus Lines.
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Hospital Nanango and Kingaroy.
- Public Bar
- Mechanical Services
- Medical Facilities
- National Park
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Restaurant Cafe.
- Sporting Facilities
- Supermarket IGA Supermarket open seven days.
- Swimming Pool
- Takeaway Food
- Tennis Court
- Visitor Centres
- Places of Worship
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Caravan and Camping
- Flora and Fauna
- Historic/Heritage Yarraman Heritage Centre.
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture Tarong Coal.
- National Park
- Nature based
- Off road
- Pub Stay
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Fraser Coast South Burnett
- South Burnett
Accommodation In Yarraman
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Yarraman