Yuleba was involved in the last Cobb and Co coach run on the 16th of August 1924, when the coach ran from Surat to Yuleba. You can retrace the route, but check at the Shire office in Yuleba first as it is a dry weather road only.
Just five kilometres south-east of Yuleba is scenic Judd’s Lagoon which features some magnificent flora and fauna. The locals also know it as a good fishing spot.
Yuleba is situated four and a half hours travel from Brisbane and has a population of approximately 280 residents. Yuleba’s main industries are Beef, Cropping and in recent years also mining, since the opening of a Silicon Mine.
Yuleba contains the Council Chambers for the Bendemere Shire which also encompasses Jackson and Wallumbilla.
Activites and Experiences at Yuleba
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Fishing – Estuary
- Sports Participate Tennis is played Tuesday and Wednesday nights at the Stephenson Street courts.
- Accommodation Yuleba Hotel Motel on the Warrego Highway.
- Ambulance Yuleba First Responders (Dial 000).
- Banking Facilities A Rural Transaction Centre is located at the Yuleba Post Office on Stephenson Street.
- Bottled Gas Yuleba General Store on Stephenson Street.
- Coach Stop McCafferty’s Coaches stop at the Yuleba Hotel Motel on prior request.
- Fuel Yureka Roadhouse on the Warrego Highway.
- Golf Yuleba Golf Course on Scott Street.
- Public Bar Yuleba Hotel Motel on the Warrego Highway.
- Newsagent Yuleba General Store on Stephenson Street.
- Public Telephone Outside the Post Office on Stephenson Street.
- Restaurant Yuleba Hotel Motel on the Warrego Highway.
- Supermarket Yuleba General Store on Stephenson Street.
- Takeaway Food Yureka Roadhouse on the Warrego Highway.
- Tennis Court Located on Stephenson Street.
- Places of Worship Anglican Church on Perry Street (first and third Saturday 9am), Catholic Church on Stephenson Street (first and third Saturday, 5.30pm in Winter, 6.00pm in Summer) and Uniting Church on Bedwell Street (second Sunday of the month at 8:00am).
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Native Wells are situated off the Yuleba to Surat Road.
- Caravan and Camping Camping is available at Judd’s Lagoon and Old Yuleba, both of which are situated off Moongool Road.
- Fishing Try your luck at fishing in Judd’s Lagoon and Old Yuleba, both located off Moongool Road.
- Sport Yuleba Golf Course on Scott Street. Stephenson Street tennis courts.
- Water based Judd’s Lagoon off Moongool Road is suitable for swimming.
- Wildlife Judd’s Lagoon and Old Yuleba, both situated off Moongool Road, are suitable for birdwatching.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Roma