Lizard Island Resort, Lizard Island
Outstanding in every respect, the unique pleasures of Lizard Island have created an idyllic retreat second to none. Australia’s northernmost resort, Lizard is located right on the spectacular Great Barrier Reef, fringed with colourful coral reefs and 24 powdery white beaches. It is little wonder that this tranquil escape has won a host of prestigious national and international awards for excellence. Lizard truly is one of a kind.
Sensational diving opportunities abound around this Marine National Park, including the famous Cod Hole, where you’ll come face to face with a massive, yet curious Potato Cod swimming right up to inspect you with child-like curiosity.
Snorkellers are rewarded for little effort with coral gardens, brightly coloured tropical fish and giant clams just moments from the island’s beaches. Discover secluded, pristine beaches by foot or by motorised dinghy with a gourmet picnic just for two. Fishing enthusiasts can charter the “Fascination” for a day of exhilarating game fishing. Try bushwalking, sailing, a glass bottom boat trip, or perhaps indulge in the serenity and relaxation of a pampering treatment at the luxurious Azure Spa.
Dining is one of Lizard Island’s many pleasures. Osprey’s Restaurant embodies the Resort’s understated elegance. The menu, which changes daily, is fresh and creative, showcasing the finest local produce and freshest seafood.
Each of the 40 villas on Voyages Lizard Island is elegant and spacious, with either ocean or beach views. All meals and many island activities are included.
Activites and Experiences at Lizard Island Resort
- Bushwalking Self guided and guided island walks and nature trails. Hiking.
- Scuba-Diving Diving trips to the inner or outer reef, dive instruction (limited) and gear hire, night diving available at an extra cost.
- Fishing – Deep Sea
- Exercising Gymnasium, tennis courts.
- Flora Island flora and fauna slide shows.
- Learning/Lessons/Tuition Reef interpretation and island flora and fauna slide shows.
- Meditating/Relaxing The Azur Spa reflects the ancient and the now. Treatments, remedies and secrets from around the world carefully chosen to present to you total harmony between health, beauty and nature. Your chosen indulgence will include refreshment and an ambience to reflect the culture of its origin.
- Sailing Complimentary use of catamarans.
- Sightseeing Research Station tours.
- Snorkelling Complimentary equipment and lessons available. Snorkelling trips to the inner or outer reef available at an extra cost.
- Wind Surfing
- Swimming Freshwater swimming pool.
- Tennis Floodlit court.
- Water-based Use of paddle skis, sailboards, dinghies with outboard motors available free of charge.
- Bar The resort’s relaxed lounge is open all day. It is comprehensively stocked with a quality selection of Australian wines, spirits and liqueurs, champagnes and Australian and imported beers.
- Office Services/Business Services Facsimile facilities, internet access, postal service.
- Conference/Convention Facilities Lizard Island offers a unique destination for incentives, groups of up to six rooms and sole use bookings.
- Games/Recreation Room The Pavilion overlooks the pool and contains the Pavilion Spa offering a range of massages, facials and other body treatments. A small gymnasium and guest/departure lounge with television, video and internet access is also included in the Pavilion.
- Laundry Daily laundry service except dry cleaning.
- Masseur/Masseuse Azur Spa.
- Medical Facilities First Aid Clinic.
- Foreign Currency Exchange Limited foreign exchange and travellers cheque facilities.
- Swimming Pool Outdoor Freshwater swimming pool.
- Safety deposit box
- Shop Boutique.
- Spa The Azure Spa.
- Tennis Court – Full Size Floodlit court.
- TV/Lounge Area Television in Guest Departure Lounge and Lodge. Internet access also available.
- Water Sports Gear
- Flora and Fauna
- Health and Fitness
- National Park
- Nature based
- World Heritage
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Tourism Tropical North Qld
- Sunlover Holidays
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Japan Credit Bureau
- Australian Travellers Cheque Limited travellers cheques facilities.
- Foreign Travellers Cheques Limited foreign exchange and travellers cheques facilities.
- Not Available
- Air Conditioning
- Bath Robe
- Ceiling Fan
- Facsimile/Modem point Modem access.
- Iron/Ironing board
- Linen Including beach towels.
- Mini Bar
- Private Facilities
- Stereo/CD player
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
More Accommodation In Lizard Island
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Lizard Island.