Voyages Heron Island, Heron Island
On Voyages Heron Island you can swim straight off the beach to an endless garden of coral where the waters are teeming with beautifully coloured fish and marine life.
The Island is a true coral cay right on the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, ribboned by sugar white sands, crystal clear waters and acres of brilliant coral with beautifully coloured marine life. At this Marine National Park, all flora and fauna is protected, so the island is a nature lover’s paradise, where the emphasis is on enjoying natural beauty.
Heron offers many activities such as guided island and reef walks, semi-submersible cruises and private beach picnics. An amazing array of animal and bird life can be discovered throughout the year, such as the delightful Green and Loggerhead Turtles.
Heron Island has a guest rooms in five different grades and all meals including full buffet breakfast, smorgasbord lunch and three course table d’hote dinner are included in the daily tariff, as well as many island activities and nightly entertainment.
The reef experience on Heron is exclusively for guests, a unique experience few other resorts in the world can offer. There’s a relaxed island lifestyle that sets Heron apart, a sophisticated yet casual resort atmosphere. Here the emphasis is on exploring and discovering the natural attractions that have made Heron famous around the world. Experience some of Australia’s best dive spots – more than 30 dive sites are available, half of which are only 15 minutes from the beach.
Activites and Experiences at Voyages Heron Island
- Birdwatching Birdwatching walks.
- Bushwalking Island ecology walks.
- Learning/Lessons/Tuition Wildlife presentations. Dive instruction.
- Meditating/Relaxing Massage offered at an additional charge.
- Swimming Swimming pool and ocean.
- Tennis Tennis court available day and night.
- Animal Viewing Turtle nesting tours (seasonal), whale watching tours (seasonal), bird nesting (seasonal).
- Marine Animal watching Turtle nesting tours (seasonal), whale watching tours (seasonal). Semi-submersible coral viewing tours with commentary.
- Walking Interpretive nature walks of reef and island.
- Babysitting Available on request throughout the year at an additional charge.
- Bar Pandanus Lounge and Bar features panoramic reef views, cocktail bar and mezzanine level library area with television. Evening activities. Open onto reef side terrace. Open from 10.00 a.m. to midnight.
- Child Activity Program Heron Kids Junior Ranger Program offers a wide range of nature based activities and the chance to earn up to 15 badges, with the help of a Heron Naturalist Guide. Eligible age group is 7 to 12 years inclusive. Operates daily during Australian Eastern seaboard school holidays. The program is also available outside these dates by prior arrangement when three or more children are enrolled. A one off registration fee per child applies, and includes free access to most activities, Heron Kids Junior Ranger cap, workbook and 15 cloth badges as they are earned.
- Conference/Convention Facilities Heron Island offers the ultimate conference and meeting experience as it is located on the Great Barrier Reef. The island is a pristine coral cay where the meeting room overlooks the crystal clear waters. The Wistari room is an air-conditioned presentation room, which offers excellent conference facilities and opens onto a terrace overlooking the reef. It caters for 100 people theatre style, 40 people classroom or 30 people u-shape. The room can also be broken down and made into two separate meeting rooms. Conference services and facilities include resident conference coordinator; video player; large screen; public address system; overhead projector; slide projector and screen; whiteboards; lectern; dimmer switches; block-out curtains; flip chart; photocopying, facsimile and secretarial services; and data projector.
- Cots Available
- Entertainment Evening nature slide presentations and latest release movies. Once weekly – movies under the stars.
- Games/Recreation Room Complimentary board games.
- Iron Ironing facilities included in guest laundries.
- Kiosk Internet kiosk.
- Laundry Complimentary guest laundries including ironing facilities (powder sold at boutique).
- Library Flora and fauna reference material.
- Masseur/Masseuse Spa treatments are available from the new ‘Aqua Soul’ spa.
- Medical Facilities Registered Nurse and First Aid station.
- Foreign Currency Exchange Foreign exchange and travellers cheques cashed.
- Swimming Pool Outdoor
- Public Telephone
- Safety deposit box
- Shop Resort boutique stocks clothing, souvenirs, confectionery, magazines, newspapers, toiletries and power outlets.
- Tennis Court – Full Size Day and night.
- Tour Desk
- Water Sports Gear Dive equipment including tanks, airfills and weights. Snorkelling equipment and reef viewing equipment also available.
- Cruise You can day trip to nearby Wilson Island or take a sunset cruise.
- Eco Tourism
- Flora and Fauna
- National Park
- Nature based
- Soft Adventure
- Water based
- World Heritage
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Adult Getaway
- Empty Nesters
- Meetings Incentive Conventions
- Gladstone Tourism
- Sunlover Holidays
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Japan Credit Bureau
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Foreign Travellers Cheques
- Not Available
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- Clock Radio
- Ensuite With shower.
- Internet Access
- Iron/Ironing board
- Private Facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
More Accommodation In Heron Island
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Heron Island.