Riverside Sanctuary, Kalbarri
Riverside Sanctuary is just 100 kilometres north of Geraldton and 80 kilometres east of Kalbarri on a beautiful and protected section of the Murchison River. An operational farming property, much time has been invested into rehabilitating and protecting the natural landscape to create a holiday experience that is peaceful and unique. With a range of inspiring guided tours that can be tailored to your interests and various farm stay options, Riverside Sanctuary can cater for everybody.
A number of quality self-contained accommodation options are available, from small and comfortable Uncle John’s, to brightly renovated Nanna’s House, to a beach cottage 80 kilometres away in Kalbarri. The houses have full cooking facilities and can sleep between three and ten people. Options for larger groups are available on request.
Campsites with access to ablution facilities are also available adjacent to the shearing shed barbecue area.
A diverse range of guided tours operate regularly and, as well as homemade morning tea, can include broad acre day land farming on a working property, the landcare work that has made this property an award winner, spectacular wildflowers and bushland, native fauna, mining heritage from some of Western Australia’s first mines, local indigenous history and the peaceful section of protected river with its many waterbirds.
There are also plenty of other activities to keep you busy including self-guided bushwalking trails, a chance to brush up on your astronomy in the uninhibited night sky, helping with herbarium collections, discovering the interesting geology of the area, barbecues in the shearing shed and relaxing in the peace and quiet.
Give us a call to arrange a truly Australian experience in a very special part of the Midwest.
Activites and Experiences at Riverside Sanctuary
- National Tourism Accreditation Program
- Farm/Station activity
- Animal Viewing
- 24 hour Reception 24 Hour Reception
- BBQ Facilities Barbecue area for entertaining
- Camp Kitchen
- Car park Car parking available on premises may be outdoor or undercover or security parking
- Group This accommodation caters for group bookings
- Iron Iron/ironing board in room
- Laundry Laundry facilities including wash tubs, clothes dryers, washing machines and irons, available for guests use
- Non Smoking Establishment
- TV/Lounge Area Communal area providing chairs and televison for guest use
- Empty Nesters
- Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation
- Visitor Information Centre
- Not Available
- Air Conditioning
- Blankets Blankets provided in room
- Ceiling Fan Room has a ceiling fan
- Cooking Facilities – FULL
- Refrigerator Cabinet in which food is kept cold
- Insect screens Insect screens on windows/doors
- Iron/Ironing board Iron/ironing board in room
- Linen Sheets/pillowcases and towels provided in room
- Microwave oven Oven using microwaves to cook or heat food quickly
- Non Smoking Room Designated non smoking rooms within the establishment
- Telephone Telephone in room
- Private Facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Washing Machine
More Accommodation In Kalbarri
Discover some of the other accommodation nearby in Kalbarri.