Blackwood Banks Chalets, Nannup
By the Blackwood River, in the forest, located in the heart of the southwest is Blackwood Banks. Situated in the delightful region of Jalbarragup, 15 minutes southwest of the historic town of Nannup.
Each quality, self contained cottage is completely private. Take a walk along the riverbank or bushwalk in the surrounding forest to see the many species of birds, flora and fauna. Early evening see the kangaroos and emus venture out of the forest. Spend a day by the river swimming, fishing or marroning.
The cosy two bedroom chalets are ideal for a couple or a small family, whilst the three bedroom chalet is perfect for a couple of families wishing to share.
Use this central location in the Blackwood Valley as a base to visit the garden village of Nannup. Travel to Augusta where two oceans meet, explore the caves, enjoy the beach or go whale watching. A short hop west is the Margaret River wine region, the jetty at Busselton is north, Balingup and Bridgetown lie to the east and the tall trees of the southern forests at Manjimup and Pemberton are all about an hours drive away. The many art and furniture galleries, wineries, antique and craft shops are a delight to browse through.
Blackwood Banks is also a hobby farm with cows, mischeivous piglets, chooks, ducks, Gabby goose and a peacock called PC. There is also a small flock of sheep and a few are brave enough to fee out of your hands! Pack the welly boots and help to feed the animals.
Activites and Experiences at Blackwood Banks Chalets
- 24 hour Reception 24 Hour Reception
- BBQ Facilities Barbecue area for entertaining
- Car park Car parking available on premises may be outdoor or undercover or security parking
- Communal Kitchen Available on premises for guest use and has all major appliances
- Cots Available Sleeping cots for young children available
- Games/Recreation Room Games/Recreation room with table tennis, pool table, chess and other board games
- High Chair Childs High Chair available in dining room
- Iron Iron/ironing board in room
- Laundry Laundry facilities including wash tubs, clothes dryers, washing machines and irons, available for guests use
- Library Library containing wide range of reading material available for guests use
- Non Smoking Establishment No smoking within establishment
- Public Telephone Public Telephone available on premises
- Farm/Station On a farm or station with the option to participate in the activities of the property.
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- National Park A national park is an area that is recognised for its natural features that are protected by controlled access and usage
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Relaxation Unwind and take it easy
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
- Not Available
- Balcony Room has a balcony or verandah
- Clock Radio Room has a clock radio
- Refrigerator Cabinet in which food is kept cold
- Hairdryer Hairdryer in room
- Insect screens Insect screens on windows/doors
- Iron/Ironing board Iron/ironing board in room
- Linen Sheets/pillowcases and towels provided in room
- Microwave oven Oven using microwaves to cook or heat food quickly
- Non Smoking Room Designated non smoking rooms within the establishment
- Tea/Coffee making facilities Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Television System for reproducing on a screen colour visual images