Barefoot Cruises Australia
Barefoot Cruises is a boutique cruise company specializing in small ship cruising and fully crewed sailing holidays. It operates three and six night cruises on a fleet of unique sailing and cruising vessels in the World Heritage listed Whitsunday islands and Great Barrier Reef.
Winners of the highest national accolade the 2005 Australian Tourism Award for unique accommodation, Barefoot Cruises strives for excellence and quality in all its endeavours.
Vessels and crews also exhibit character and personality ensuring guests have a very personal experience.
If you seek the slap of sail and creak of timber with a bit of swashbuckling romance thrown in they recommend either the refined, classic schooner Windjammer (one of Australia’s most beautifully crafted sailing boats) or the adventure seeking Coral Trekker, a Norwegian tall ship with dramatic red billowing sails. Both are finely crafted and beautiful vessels to observe, even to the novice. Guests can participate in hoisting the sails, hauling the sheets, taking the helm or just putting their bare feet up on the rail and watching the crew do it for you. Ah… bliss!
Reef Odyssey on the other hand is a 35 metre expedition style cruise ship accommodating 39 guests and 10 crew. It’s finely appointed with cocktail bar, lounge and dining areas, sun decks, deluxe staterooms, air conditioning and ensuites. It’s big enough to be extremely comfortable and small enough to be personal. Guests and crew generate a relaxed atmosphere where people who meet for the first time will chat as if they’ve known each other for years.
All trips provide guests with the opportunity to be as active or passive as they please. Snorkelling beside vibrant colourful coral reefs and tropical fish, beach and rainforest walks on uninhabited islands, swimming in crystal clear waters, or being a complete lazy-bones anywhere on the boat, is quite the perfect holiday.
With 74 islands there’s a plentiful supply of sheltered coves and peaceful anchorages. The islands also provide calm water sailing and cruising.
This is the world of Barefoot Cruises. Kick off your shoes and let the pioneers of sailing in the Whitsundays take you on a voyage of discovery where nearly 20 years of local knowledge and impeccable safety standards are combined with fun-filled adventure sailing and cruising holidays.
The scenery is spectacular, the marine life is teeming with colour, and the crew is ready to welcome you onboard.
Activites and Experiences at Barefoot Cruises Australia
- Aussie Host
- National Ecotourism Certification Program (EcoCertification)
- Snorkelling Snorkelling gear is supplied on board.
- Swimming Many opportunities for swimming on beaches of uninhabited islands.
- Marine Animal watching Whale watching in season.
- Walking Passengers have the opportunity to hike national park trails.
- Car park Secure car parking facilities available.
- Public Transport Public transport available to and from departure points.
- Taxi rank Taxis available to and from departure point.
- Adventure Passengers explore islands, snorkel, scuba dive, hike national park trails.
- Beach Cruise allows lots of time for beachcombing and swimming around the island beaches.
- Cruise Cruise explores the Whitsunday Islands.
- Eco Tourism
- Island Cruise visits many of the Whitsunday Islands.
- Marine Swimming, snorkelling and scuba diving.
- National Park Passengers have opportunity to explore Whitsunday national park islands.
- Nature based Cruise operates in Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
- Reef Cruise explores Great Barrier Reef Islands.
- Relaxation This extended cruise allows lots of time for relaxing.
- Soft Adventure
- Water based Cruise based in the Whitsunday Islands Barrier Reef Marine Park.
- World Heritage Cruise operates in World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Empty Nesters
- Tourism Whitsundays
- Sunlover Holidays
- Cheques Bank
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Foreign Exchange Draft
- Money Order
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Meal All meals included for the duration of the cruise.
- Resource Material
- Toilet Two bathrooms on board.
Accommodation In Airlie Beach
Discover some of the accommodation nearby in Airlie Beach.
- Affordable Whitsunday Accommodation and Cruises
- Airlie Apartments
- Airlie Beach Hotel
- Airlie Beach Myaura Bed and Breakfast
- Airlie Beach Organic Bed and Breakfast Whitsunday
- Airlie Cove Resort & Van Park
- Airlie Waterfront Bed and Breakfast
- Backpackers By The Bay
- Beaches Backpackers Airlie Beach
- Best Western Colonial Palms Motor Inn
- Best Western Mango House Resort
- Big 4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort
- Comfort Resort Club Crocodile Airlie Beach
- Coral Sea Resort
- Downtown Airlie
- Flametree Tourist Village
- Island Gateway Holiday Park
- Island View Bed and Breakfast
- Koala Beach Resort Airlie Beach
- Magnums Backpackers Airlie Beach
- Martinique Whitsunday
- Mediterranean Resorts
- Pinnacles Resort and Spa
- Portside Whitsunday
- Reefside Villas Whitsunday
- Sailz Boutique Holiday Villas
- Sea Star Apartments
- Shingley Beach Resort
- Toscana Village Resort
- Water’s Edge Luxury Apartments
- Whitsunday Moorings B & B
- Whitsunday Terraces Resort
- Whitsunday Vista Resort
- Whitsunday Wanderers Resort
- Whitsunday Wanderers Resort
More Tours In Airlie Beach
Experience some of the other tour ideas around Airlie Beach.
- Air Whitsunday Seaplanes
- Airlie Local Tours
- Aussie Adventure Sailing – Classic Sailing
- Aussie Adventure Sailing – Prosail Style Airlie Beach
- Aussie Adventure Sailing – Tallship Adventures
- Aussie Adventure Sailing – Whitsunday Marine Academy
- Aviation Adventures
- Aviation Tourism Australia
- Barefoot Cruises Australia
- Coral Trekker
- Cruise Whitsundays
- Fantasea Cruises Pty Ltd
- Mantaray Charters
- Ocean Rafting
- Oz Adventure Sailing – Islands, Reef and Dive
- Oz Adventure Sailing – Performance and Fun
- Oz Adventure Sailing – ProSail Maxi
- Oz Adventure Sailing – Sail and Dive
- Reef Odyssey
- Salty Dog Sea Kayaking
- Southern Cross Sailing Adventures
- Tallship Adventures