Fraser Island Cool Dingo Tours
Lonely Planet describes it as ‘the cool dingo tour’ and ‘wholeheartedly recommends’ this tour of Fraser Island.
Touring with a local expert guide is the easy and safe way to see Fraser Island – no tents, no sleeping bags, no cooking, no driving, no hidden charges – no worries!
Spend action packed days exploring Fraser with other 18 to 35’s and fun nights enjoying buffet meals, playing pool and partying in the Dingo Bar and nightclub.
The modern, purpose-built backpacker lodges each have five quad and twin share/double rooms with linen provided, two bathrooms and large open lounge areas.
Two and three day tours are available and include return catamaran transfers from Hervey Bay, accommodation, guided tours in air-conditioned Four Wheel Drive coaches, buffet breakfasts and dinners and picnic lunches.
On Day One you cruise around the islands of the Great Sandy Strait to Kingfisher Bay Resort where your adventure begins. Visit the turtles in Basin Lake, have lunch at Central Station and walk in the rainforest along the banks of Wanggoolba Creek to Pile Valley. Then it’s on to swim in the clear-blue waters of Lake McKenzie and soak up the sun on its white sandy beaches.
On day two, drive along famous Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the world’s most amazing highway, to swim in Eli Creek and see the coloured sands and the wreck of the cruise ship Maheno. Then it’s on to swim in the Champagne Pools and climb Indian Head for magnificent views. You can often see sharks and huge rays in the water below.
On day three swim in beautiful Lake Wabby then trek over Hammerstone Sand Blow for a barbecue lunch at Eurong Beach Resort before an afternoon swim in clear blue Lake Birrabeen.
Activites and Experiences at Fraser Island Cool Dingo Tours
- National Ecotourism Certification Program (EcoCertification)
- World Heritage
- Off Road Driving Off road driving along sand dunes of Fraser Island.
- Barbecue Day three includes barbecue lunch at Eurong Beach Resort.
- Bushwalking Some walking requiring medium level fitness.
- Cruising Whale watch cruising available from August to October at an additional cost.
- Driving Four wheel drive along Fraser Island’s famous beach highway, 75-Mile-Beach.
- Scenic Flight At an extra cost.
- Sightseeing Tour includes beauty sites of Fraser Island; Lake McKenzie – clear blue water with white sandy beaches, Wanggoolba Creek to Pile Valley and Central Station, the fast flowing clear fresh-water Eli Creek, Champagne Pools, Indian Head and Lake Wabby – beautiful emerald-green lake.
- Swimming Swim in Lake McKenzie’s clear, blue water and soak up the sun on its white sandy beaches. Swim in the fast flowing, clear, fresh water of Eli Creek. Swim in Champagne Pools and climb to top of Indian Head for magnificent views. Have a swim in Lake Wabby.
- Animal Viewing
- Marine Animal watching Whale watch cruising available from August to October at an additional cost.
- Walking Some walking requiring medium level fitness.
- Car park Parking is available at Urangan Boat Harbour.
- Checkin Desk Kingfisher reception at Urangan Boat Harbour.
- Public phone Public phone available at reception.
- Public toilet Toilets available to guests at departure and arrival points.
- Waiting Area
- Eco Tourism
- Flora and Fauna
- National Park
- Nature based
- Off road
- Soft Adventure
- World Heritage
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Brisbane Marketing
- Bundaberg Tourism
- Fraser Coast
- Fraser Coast South Burnett
- Tourism Sunshine Coast
- American Express
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Diners Club
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point of Sale
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Air-conditioning Air-conditioned Four Wheel Drive coaches.
- Commentary Tour has Advanced Eco Certification.
- Drop off Complimentary drop off to Hervey Bay accommodation.
- Host/Hostess Ranger guide.
- Meet & Greet
- Pickup Complimentary pick up from Hervey Bay accommodation. Airport pick up at extra charge.
- Seat belts Four Wheel Drive coaches are seat-belt equipped.
- Coach Air-conditioned four wheel drive coach.
Accommodation In Fraser Island
Discover some of the accommodation nearby in Fraser Island.