Beyond Noosa’s Great Escapes
Long golden beaches, rocky headlands, high forested dunes, dramatic coloured sand cliffs, dark waterways and broad lakes, these spectacular features make up the Cooloola Section of the Great Sandy National Park, the largest sand mass in the world.
The spectacular Cooloola Coast stretches 65 kilometres from Noosa to Fraser Island. Cooloola’s 56,600 hectare park is a refuge for plants, animals and birds including many endemic and endangered species and offers a diversity of natural landscapes. It is a remarkable ecological treasure evolved from sand washed north from the river systems of New South Wales over millions of years.
Great Sandy’s sheltered calm waters, shifting patterns of mangroves, seagrass, sandbanks and mud islands, and its unusual ancient swamplands known as patterned fens, are exceptionally important. These are feeding grounds for migratory shorebirds and home to several rare and threatened species: sea turtles, dugong and inshore dolphins to the lesser known mangrove-dwelling butterflies and false water rats.
‘Beyond’ invites you on a journey to experience this stunning National Park.
Activites and Experiences at Beyond Noosa’s Great Escapes
- Off Road Driving Bush and beach off road driving.
- Barbecue Join the crew for a barbecue lunch.
- Birdwatching Birdlife abounds.
- Cruising Cruise aboard the Cooloola Queen.
- Flora View the local Flora.
- Swimming Swimming opportunities.
- Animal Viewing Kangaroos, Goannas, Dingoes and Brumbies.
- Walking Short nature walk along the river bank.
- Car park Available at departure point.
- Checkin Desk Is located at jetty.
- Public toilet Toilets available on boat and stop points along the beach.
- Waiting Area In front of departure point.
- Cruise Relax and enjoy the Noosa River System.
- Environmental Currently nominated for World Heritage Listing.
- Flora and Fauna Getting back to nature.
- National Park Visiting Cooloola National Park.
- Nature based
- Off road On the beach and bush tracks.
- Rainforest Drive through rainforest.
- Relaxation Relaxing cruise.
- Soft Adventure Experiencing some adventure in comfort.
- World Heritage Nominated World Heritage.
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
- Tourism Sunshine Coast
- Sunlover Holidays
- Cheques By Arrangement
- Cheques Bank
- Money Order
- Australian Travellers Cheque
- Drop off
- Resource Material
- Toilet On board boat.
- Four Wheel Drive
Accommodation In Noosaville
Discover some of the accommodation nearby in Noosaville.
- Australis Noosa Lakes Apartments
- Bermuda Villas
- Cayman Quays
- Clearwater Noosa
- Coco Bay Resort
- Coral Beach Noosa Resort
- Entrance Waterfront Resort, The
- Islander Noosa Resort, The
- Ivory Palms Resort
- Metzo Noosa Resort
- Montpellier Boutique Resort
- Nautilus Noosa
- Noosa Keys Resort
- Noosa River Retreat
- Noosavillage River Resort
- Offshore Noosa Resort
- Portside Noosa Waters
- Rimini By The River
- Sunset Cove Resort
- Terrapin Apartments
- Wolngarin Holiday Resort