Located a 15 minute drive from the Margaret River townsite, Cowaramup is the gateway to the renowned Willyabrup wine area in the heart of the Margaret River Wine Region.
A vibrant arts and crafts community exists in Cowaramup, represented by several quaint shops and galleries in town. Fine woodcrafts, pottery, paintings and sculptures are all available in the local galleries. Gourmet food, home-made fudge and honeycomb can also be found. The Margaret River Regional Wine Centre is located in the centre of town.
Agriculture plays a significant role in the area and green pastures, vineyards and natural bush make the area attractive the whole year round.
Dairy farming in the area supplies local cheese-making establishments; visitors can sample and purchase a range of delicious cheeses, yoghurts and creams.
Cowaramup is in close proximity to well known wineries, spectacular beaches, natural bush, wildflowers and birdlife.
A caravan park and bed and breakfasts are available in the area, with a wider range of accommodation available in Margaret River and surrounding areas.
Cowaramup has a general store and tearooms.
Activites and Experiences at Cowaramup
- Fishing – Beach
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Animal Viewing
- Coach Stop
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Telephone
- Takeaway Food
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Food and Wine A vineyard is a man-made facility for the distribution of wine. A winery attraction offers wine tasting and the opportunity to purchase.
- Indulgence/Luxury Anything conducive to sumptuous living
- Romance Ideal, sentimental or fantastic view of reality
Nearest Airport: Margaret River, Busselton