Balingup is a picturesque town in the south west of Western Australia, three hours’ drive south of Perth.
The town is famous for its wonderful shops which include a famous craft centre boasting one of the largest ranges of arts and crafts in Western Australia, and another favourite selling locally grown and produced herbal remedies. In addition to these there are fascinating antiques and collectibles shops and a op (charity) shop. Also well worth a visit is the fruit winery boasting a range of 20 different fruit wines and ports grown and produced in Balingup.
There are the majestic jarrah forests, which surround the town, and easy access to the world famous Bibbulmun Track (a world class, 1000km walking trail) which runs through the township. There are several wonderful bushwalks which can be taken from Balingup, ranging from a gentle walk to a full-scale hike.
The town has three venues for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea as well as having a home-baked pie shop bakery which has won prizes for its pies at the Perth Royal Show and the Australian National Pie Competition.
The town and surrounding areas boast six bed and breakfast providers and many self-contained chalets. These stopovers all maintain high standards of service and offer a full range of styles and prices. Ideal for family holidays or couples seeking a romantic getaway. Backpacker facilities are also available in town.
Balingup has a unique Jalbrook Alpaca Knitwear gallery that produces a range of product from alpacas raised in Balingup. Visitors can hand feed the alpacas, with photo opportunties.
The Golden Valley Tree Park has a collection of beautiful and interesting trees from all over the world. The aim of the park is to create an inspirational place for all who enjoy the beauty of nature. With walk trails throughout the park and barbeque facilities with a gazebo with information it is a great place to picnic.
Activites and Experiences at Balingup
- Art and Craft making
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Animal Viewing
- Coach Stop
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- National Park
- Public Telephone
- Sporting Facilities
- Takeaway Food
- Visitor Centres
- Active Attraction where visitors have the opportunity to pick and purchase their own fruit
- Caravan and Camping
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Homestay Accommodation in the host’s own home
- Honeymoon Holiday marketed towards honeymoon couples
- National Park
- Nature based
- Relaxation Unwind and take it easy
- Romance Ideal, sentimental or fantastic view of reality
- Sport Canoe racing or activity/location suitable for canoeing
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
Nearest Airport: Bunbury