Exmouth is located a two and a half hour flight north of Perth and is situated on the eastern coast of the North West Cape of Western Australia.
Exmouth serves as a gateway to Cape Range National Park and Ningaloo Marine Park.
Cape Range National Park is located 40 kilometres south from Exmouth. It boasts spectacular gorges, an array of wildlife and wildflowers in season. Four wheel drive tours depart from town.
Ninagloo Marine Park protects one of the major fringing coral reefs in the world. Ningaloo Reef is Western Australia’s largest coral reef. It is home to approximately 250 species of coral and 520 species of fish. For a diver, there are few experiences that can compare to swimming on Ningaloo Reef. Dolphins, dugongs, manta rays, huge cod and sharks are all in abundance.
Excellent year round fishing and beach weather, and boasting some of the world’s finest, most accessible coral reefs, have made Exmouth a popular tourist destination.
At Exmouth you can explore rugged peaks, encounter an elusive sailfish as it soars high into the cloudless sky, savour the delights of seafood caught by your own hands or stroll along white beaches that stretch for miles. You can explore an underwater kingdom teeming with life, meet up with a whale shark, or simply bask in the glorious year-round sunshine.
The variety of accommodation around Exmouth caters for all types of travellers. From lodges, resorts, and hotels through to cabins, chalets, backpackers and campsites, there is something for everyone.
Within walking distance of the accommodation there is a wide range of restaurants and cafes with a variety of meals available. Enjoy your choice of a la carte, seafood, Chinese, pizza, Mexican or fast food.
Activites and Experiences at Exmouth
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Adventure Unusual and exciting experience or an endurance race consisting of a variety of adventure activities
- Beach A beach attraction is a beach area that is recognised for its scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, environmental state, and/or fauna population. Recreational vehicles can be driven on a number of beaches around Australia
- Caravan and Camping Accommodation in own/hired caravan or camping
- Rural/Country Relating to the rural/country lifestyle (ie agricultural or pastoral)
- Cruise To sail from place to place for pleasure
- Diving To go below the surface of the water or a diving competition in a swimming or diving pool
- Eco Tourism Relating to the natural environment, its protection and conservation. Product fitting this experiencee have been awarded an Eco Tourism Accreditation
- Farm/Station On a farm or station with the option to participate in the activities of the property.
- Fishing Related to any fishing activities
- Flora and Fauna Relating to Plant and Animal Life
- Marine A location where visitors can observe whale sharks in their natural habitat
- National Park A national park is an area that is recognised for its natural features that are protected by controlled access and usage
- Nature based Relating to the natural environment
- Off road Vehicle with some or all content taking place off a sealed road
- Outback Remote and usually uninhibited or sparesely inhabited areas of Australia
- Reef A reef is a ridge of rock or coral near the surface of the sea
- Relaxation Unwind and take it easy
- Remote Remote and usually uninhabited or sparsely inhabitd areas of Australia
- Sport Canoe racing or activity/location suitable for canoeing
- Water based Relating to any activity based on water
- Wildflower The flower of an uncultivated plant
- Wildlife Animals living in their natural environment or attractions that provide visitors with the opportunity to view a variety of wildlife
Nearest Airport: Learmonth
Accommodation In Exmouth
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Exmouth
Tours In Exmouth
Discover some of the tours options around Exmouth
- Blue Horizon Fishing and Dive Charters
- Exmouth Bus Charters and Tours
- Exmouth Diving Centre
- King Dive
- Littlebit Longway Safaris
- Ningaloo Blue Charters
- Ningaloo Coral Explorer II
- Ningaloo Deep
- Ningaloo Ecology Cruises
- Ningaloo Pearls Pty Ltd
- Ningaloo Safari Tours
- Norwest Air Work Pty Ltd
- Ocean Quest Charters
- Three Islands Marine Charters
- Village Dive