The old timber town of Crows Nest is now the thriving centre of a fast growing district and is situated just North of Toowoomba on the New England Highway.
Perched on the crest of the Great Dividing Range, the area offers spectacular mountain views, wildlife and national parks.
The hamlets along the highway north to Crows Nest offer a wealth of attractions: nurseries, cafes, antique shops, galleries and museums. At Highfields be sure to stop at the stunning Danish Flower Art store and the Highfields Pioneer Village where traditional trades such as blacksmithing are still alive and well.
Further along the highway at Cabarlah you will find the Black Forest Hill Cuckoo Clock Shop and Café Stuble, where you can marvel at a large collection of traditional and quirky cuckoo clocks.
There is a variety of accommodation in and around Crows Nest – from motels to bed and breakfasts. The Crows Nest Motel provides conveniently located accommodation, or if you are after a tranquil hideaway try Ravensbourne Country Cottages, Oakleigh Country Cottage, Eagles Rest, Cloudlake Mountain Retreat and Ballymoss Homestay.
Strange but true – in October each year, Crows Nest Day includes the World Worm Races among its highlights!
Activites and Experiences at Crows Nest
- Birdwatching Call in to the Hampton Visitor Information Centre for your free Birdwatching Brochure.
- Bushwalking Crows Nest National Park, Cressbrook Dam.
- Camping Crows Nest National Park, Cressbrook Dam.
- Canoeing Cressbrook Dam.
- Farm/Station activity
- Fishing – Estuary Cressbrook Dam.
- Exercising Crows Nest Indoor Sports Centre.
- Gambling Crows Nest Grand Hotel
- Golfing Crows Nest Golf Club.
- Kayaking Cressbrook Dam.
- Sailing Cressbrook Dam.
- Wind Surfing Cressbrook Dam.
- Animal Viewing
- Accommodation Crows Nest Motel, Crows Nest Tourist Park.
- Automatic Teller Machine Heritage Building Society, Crows Nest Grand Hotel.
- Banking Facilities Heritage Building Society, National Australia Bank.
- Bottled Gas
- Licensed Club
- Service Club
- Convention Centre
- Currency Exchange
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Fuel Ampol Crows Nest.
- Golf Crows Nest Golf Club.
- Public Bar
- Mechanical Services
- Medical Facilities
- National Park Crows Nest National Park.
- Post Office
- Public Telephone
- Sporting Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Takeaway Food
- Tennis Court
- Visitor Centres Crows Nest Shire Council Offices, Hampton Visitor Information Centre.
- Places of Worship
- The Arts
- Aussie Lifestyle
- Caravan and Camping
- Eco Tourism
- Flora and Fauna
- Health and Fitness
- Industry/Mining, Agriculture
- National Park
- Nature based
- Pub Stay
- Water based
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Toowoomba
Accommodation In Crows Nest
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Crows Nest