An interesting sight in Jackson is the Old Play Shed, which is part of the original Jackson School Play Shed. At the present, in conjunction with the Year of the Outback, local history is being documented for display at the Old Play Shed.
Jackson is situated about four hours travel from Brisbane and has a population of 46.
The Jackson Public Library with Internet Access is open every Wednesday from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. or by appointment. There is a public park with toilets.
Activites and Experiences at Jackson
- Tennis Tennis courts are located at Noonga, on the Jackson to Wandoan Road (20 kilometres north of Jackson).
- Ambulance Yuleba First Responders (dial 000).
- Coach Stop McCafferty’s buses stop at the Post Office in Railway Street if they are requested to in advance.
- Post Office Postal Agency open daily. Located in Railway Street.
- Public Telephone Situated at the Post Office in Railway Street.
- Places of Worship Saint Faiths Anglican Church on Queen Street and a Catholic Church on Railway Street.
- Sport Tennis
- RTN, QH and National Distributors (TQ)
Nearest Airport: Miles