Half an hour’s drive north of Perth along the Mitchell Freeway is the satellite city of Joondalup.
The region around Joondalup is renowned for its white sandy beaches and clean environment. The rolling sand dunes of the coast contrast sharply with a chain of inland lakes and the large area of natural bushland and National Parks.
Lake Joondalup is part of Yellagonga Regional Park and has several heritage trails through natural bushland, which are ideal for viewing the plentiful wildlife and birds. Relax and have a barbeque at one of the many picnic spots.
The main commercial centre for the populous northern suburbs, Joondalup has attracted many major businesses and has worldclass facilities. In the town centre, a major retail centre offers shoppers a huge range of goods from high street stores to specialist shops.
The surrounding streets have many of the amenities normally found in a thriving, modern town. Train and bus terminals, medical centres, universities, sporting venues and commercial centres are all within a short distance. There is also a large variety of great restaurants, cafes, pubs and clubs in Joondalup.
The Joondalup Festival, over two days in March, is a major event incorporating street parades, live bands, dancers, circus shows, buskers, extreme sports and activities for young children. The event closes with a live concert and fireworks finale.
There is plenty of accommodation available in Joondalup, ranging from resorts and luxury apartments to bed and breakfasts.
Activites and Experiences at Joondalup
- Sightseeing Clients view the many sights of the area.
- Automatic Teller Machine
- Banking Facilities
- Bottled Gas
- Coach Stop
- Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale
- Public Bar
- Public Telephone
- Sporting Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Takeaway Food
- Tennis Court
- Beach A beach attraction is a beach area that is recognised for its scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, environmental state, and/or fauna population. Recreational vehicles can be driven on a number of beaches around Australia
- Golf Playing or watching Golf
- Shopping Organised shopping or shopping at well know retail outlets
Nearest Airport: Perth
Accommodation In Joondalup
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Joondalup
- Arundells Bed & Breakfast
- At Dawns – Holiday Homes
- Cambridge Atrium
- City Beach Bed and Breakfast
- Comfort Inn and Suites West Beach Lagoon
- Comfort Inn Ocean View Motel
- Cottesloe Beach Apartments
- Cottesloe Beach Chalets
- Cottesloe Gardens Apartment
- Cottesloe Seabreeze
- Cottesloe Sunset Suites
- Cottesloe Waters Executive Apartments
- Dunes Apartments, The
- Gull Cottage
- Hillarys Harbour Resort
- Indian Ocean Hotel
- Joondalup City Hotel
- Joondalup Resort
- Karrinyup Waters Resort
- Migrants in Perth
- Observation Rise Apartments – Scarborough
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- Ocean Villas
- Rendezvous Observation City Hotel
- Retreat Hillarys, The
- Scarborough Beach Front Accommodation
- Scarborough Beach Villas
- Scarborough Sandcastle
- Seashells Serviced Apartments Scarborough
- Sorrento Beach Resort
- Sunmoon Resort
- Trigg Retreat Bed and Breakfast
- Western Beach Lodge