Kingscote is Kangaroo Island’s largest town and is situated on the north coast with a view across Nepean Bay to the mainland in the distance. It is the Island’s commercial centre with full banking and shopping facilities.
Kingscote has a large commercial fishing fleet and associated depots. There is a long and much used fishing jetty and a slipway. A feature of the town is the tidal rock surround swimming pool on the foreshore. Delightful Little Penguins have established themselves in the sandstone and clay cliffs in front of the town.
Established in 1836, Kingscote was the first settlement in South Australia. Close by is Reeves Point, the landing site of the South Australia Company settlers, as well as the first Post Office in South Australia, the first tree planted by Europeans the Old Mulberry Tree, the Pioneer Cemetery and Hope Cottage Museum.
Activites and Experiences at Kingscote
- Fishing – Deep Sea
- Skiing – Water
- Sports Participate
- Banking Facilities ANZ, Commonwealth Agency at Post Office, Credit Union, Bank SA and Eftpos.
- Bottled Gas
- Licensed Club
- Service Club Lions, Masonic and Rotary.
- Public Bar
- Medical Facilities
- Post Office
- Takeaway Food
- Places of Worship Anglican, Assemblies of God, Catholic, Jehovah Witness, Uniting and Uniting.
- Food and Wine
- Pub Stay
Accommodation In Kingscote
Discover some of the accommodation in and around Kingscote
- Acacia Apartments
- Brownlow Holiday Units
- Captains Retreat And Foc’sle, The
- Folly Holiday Home, The
- Island Court Holiday Units
- Kangaroo Island Central Backpackers
- Kangaroo Island Holiday Village
- Kangaroo Island Seaview Guesthouse
- Kangaroo Island Seaview Motel
- Kegrah Cottage
- Kingscote Central Lodge
- Kingscote Pier
- Lazaret, The
- LifeTime Private Retreats
- Nepean Waters Getaway
- Ozone Seafront Hotel
- Rowsell House (Kirazz)
- Stranraer Homestead
Tours In Kingscote
Discover some of the tours options around Kingscote